The Student Room Group

AQA C1 2016 SCIENCE how did you find it.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
What would the grade boundaries be?

52- A* or 51, it was a bit easier than last year
Original post by Pro4TLZZ
something with the first and third column, paper was simple. was very simple to jan 2012 and jun 12 which were removed shortly before the exam

Yeah :smile: Why did they remove those papers?
I think I got 45/60........praying that's an A*! Made some silly mistakes too but gotta be grateful that the paper wasn't like B1!
Original post by Perfection Ace
I think I got 45/60........praying that's an A*! Made some silly mistakes too but gotta be grateful that the paper wasn't like B1!

That should be an A. A* will be between 51 and 53 this year
Reply 24
Think I got an A, which I would be happy with. Paper was very good and I thought the 6 marker was great. Just a few silly errors I made and I don't think I got all the points needed for the 5 marker at the end
Anyone found the a list of answers yet?
Original post by xxNoodlezxx
Yeah :smile: Why did they remove those papers?

because on foundation it was just basically the same format for everything
Original post by PinkandBlue00
I wrote that it was carbon particulates.

Same
Reply 28
I thought it was such a good exam that i knew lots of the answers to. However, i know i definatly got a few wrong and considering how easy everyone found it im really worried about grade boundaries - theyre going to be ridiculously high and i really wanted an A*. I think i would have preferred a generally harder exam to get lower grade boundaries
Great! :smile:Besides the fact i ticked copper sulfide instead of copper oxide:s-smilie:
guyz
do u think saying stir the thermometer to spread the heat equally is ok?
Original post by ihatehannah
Easiest exam I have ever done in my life. How did you guys find it

good apart from last 2 questions
I found it quite hard :s-smilie:
Reply 34
answer was black soot due to incomplete combustion , right?

I said it was 'carbon' and then put '(particulates)' in brackets after. It was due to the incomplete combustion caused by the hydrocarbon burning in an insufficient supply of oxygen. Would I get the marks?

For the 6 marker I started to do it wrong and state the advantages of petrol over hydrogen but luckily I read the question again and crossed it out and did it correctly :smile:
52- A* or 51, it was a bit easier than last year

I thought last year was easier than this years :smile: What is it for an A ?
Original post by AhmarIT
do u think saying stir the thermometer to spread the heat equally is ok?

naa i dont think so
Original post by guy321
I said it was 'carbon' and then put '(particulates)' in brackets after. It was due to the incomplete combustion caused by the hydrocarbon burning in an insufficient supply of oxygen. Would I get the marks?

For the 6 marker I started to do it wrong and state the advantages of petrol over hydrogen but luckily I read the question again and crossed it out and did it correctly :smile:

yeah shud still be right
Reply 38
Same but I did the disadvantages for my six marker wrong
Easiest exam I have ever done in my life. How did you guys find it
Reply 39
Original post by guy321

Oohhhnoooo. I put carbon dioxide due to complete combustion

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending