The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Chemistry 19th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
and on the previous one it is argon right?
What did people put for the calcium carbonate question? Solid, solution, solid??
Reply 42
not sure as well, because h20 varies on certain places
Original post by caiob
and on the previous one it is argon right?

Yes that's correct.
Reply 44
for the different solutions? Y, X, Z
Original post by caiob

Yeah
Reply 46
i wasnt sure about that one, for the Z one i tried breaking down the components to see what i could make Ca(OH)2 + CO2 but that would give me that CaCO3 back from the beggining, so i just put Y= calcium oxide, X= calcium oxide, Z= calcium carbonate
Reply 47
this year's papers seem so hard compared to the older papers, specially for biology and french
Reply 48
Original post by caiob
i wasnt sure about that one, for the Z one i tried breaking down the components to see what i could make Ca(OH)2 + CO2 but that would give me that CaCO3 back from the beggining, so i just put Y= calcium oxide, X= calcium oxide, Z= calcium carbonate

I put calcium carbonate too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
overall the paper was good, there wasnt any long questions, although some questions were confusing to understand, just gotta hope the grade boundaries are lowered this year
Reply 50
Original post by caiob

Calcium oxide
Calcium chloride
Calcium carbonate
Reply 51
Original post by caiob
overall the paper was good, there wasnt any long questions, although some questions were confusing to understand, just gotta hope the grade boundaries are lowered this year

Unfortunately I doubt it as a lot of people found it really easy so I wouldn't be surprised if they're higher... Cry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
what did u guys get for the questions asking to workout the percentage of oxygen from the syringe experiment?
Original post by TobyGF
Calcium oxide
Calcium chloride
Calcium carbonate

I wrote calcium hydrogen carbonate is that fine?
Original post by caiob
what did u guys get for the questions asking to workout the percentage of oxygen from the syringe experiment?

I got 16.67
Reply 55
Original post by pprish.chandaria
I got 16.67

i did as well, but im not sure if its right... do u know?
Original post by caiob
i did as well, but im not sure if its right... do u know?

It should be.
Because the initial was 150
And the final was 125

So (final - initial)/final then multiply by 100.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by TobyGF
Calcium oxide
Calcium chloride
Calcium carbonate

I got that too. Is that even on the spec or is it just a question that expects you to work the answer out without prior knowledge?
Reply 58
Original post by dRaGoN2509
Yes. I put CO2, I thought of putting O2 but then it said compound so CO2 was the only viable answer since it's the only compound in air (argon, oxygen, nitrogen are elements). Other people put H20 though, not sure if that's right?

Do you think notrogen dioxide- NO2 would be okay. Was going to write CO2 but then I thought carbon is found primarily in polluted air because of fossil fuels.
Did someone take down the unofficial mark scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest