The Student Room Group

One night stand with someone in a relationship, what should I do?

I'm not the type of person to have one night stands, but I did it with a girl who I didn't know was in a relationship. Anyway I gave her my number in the club before we did it. She only knows my first name which is quite a common name.

We went back to her flat and she doesn't know where I live. Anyway I've now been receiving phonecalls from a guy who I think is her boyfriend. He's phoning from a withheld number and I just close the phone as soon as possible.

I posted a previous thread about 'can someone who phones you trace you?'.

Should I be worried now?
Answer the phone. Tell him you didn't know she was in a relationship and you are extremely sorry for the trouble you have caused, but inform him that if he makes tries to contact you even so much as one more time you will report this to the police as harassment.

Simple, and you get to stay safe whilst clearing your conscience. It was not your fault to begin with, mind you; blame the cheating bitch.
Reply 2
Answer the phone and explain the situation to him. You've done nothing wrong here. This is all on her for hiding the fact that she was in a relationship.
Reply 3
But the main thing I am concerned about is, 'Can this guy track me down?'

He doesn't know my full name or where I live. He only has my mobile phone number.
I don't think you guys realise that telling the truth in situations like these doesn't always work, especially if his girlfriend's a good liar, has he left any messages op?
Worst case scenario just change your number and move on with it
Reply 6
Original post by Blondie987
I don't think you guys realise that telling the truth in situations like these doesn't always work, especially if his girlfriend's a good liar, has he left any messages op?

Nah, no messages. Just phonecalls.
I dont see why he has to tell him anything. I'd just not answer and not get involved. How does he even know about you? He might have found the scrap of paper but not realise you slept with her. Stay out imo.
Reply 8
Original post by Metrododo
Worst case scenario just change your number and move on with it

Yea, I was thinking of doing that if it persists. I was just worried about if he can track me down.
Agreed that telling the truth doesn't always work, she doesn't sound like she is known for her integrity. Likely faked a story about how you took advantage of her or something.
That girl is a bitch. Change your number!
Original post by Anonymous
Nah, no messages. Just phonecalls.

If just ignore it, if it ever ends up that you do meet, say touring accept wiggled numbers, he has no good reason to contact you, it's all to do with him and his girlfriend. I'm sure if he wanted to track you down he would have done so by now
Yea, I was thinking of doing that if it persists. I was just worried about if he can track me down.

Nope, it would involve serious hacking skills. She probably just made up a story to her bf about you using her or something, just change your number for peace of mind
Nope, it would involve serious hacking skills. She probably just made up a story to her bf about you using her or something, just change your number for peace of mind

The only difficulty with avoiding him is if she did tell her bf a story about him abusing her if they accidentally meet (say at the club he picked her up at) he might assault him, especially if he's a drunk thug.

Difficult situation.
Reply 14
I'm not the type of person to have one night stands, but I did it with a girl who I didn't know was in a relationship. Anyway I gave her my number in the club before we did it. She only knows my first name which is quite a common name.

We went back to her flat and she doesn't know where I live. Anyway I've now been receiving phonecalls from a guy who I think is her boyfriend. He's phoning from a withheld number and I just close the phone as soon as possible.

I posted a previous thread about 'can someone who phones you trace you?'.

Should I be worried now?

I would just answer tell him you tried chatting up this chick, made her put your name in her phone and say like if you are her bf would explain why she never called, but he should leave you alone now.

Most people are saying that you can't track someone, which is a relief. And yea, I'll just change my number as I really want to move on from the situation. It was a mistake, but I just need to learn from it.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
The only difficulty with avoiding him is if she did tell her bf a story about him abusing her if they accidentally meet (say at the club he picked her up at) he might assault him, especially if he's a drunk thug.

Difficult situation.

The way I see it, I doubt the situation would get any better or be resolved by answering his calls - plus the odds of actually meeting again are unlikely (unless this is an area with only one or two clubs). She slooted up and he'll want a confrontation regardless, best just to avoid anyway
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob

Difficult situation.

I'm not going to that club again. In fact I don't usually go to clubs that often at all.
But the main thing I am concerned about is, 'Can this guy track me down?'

He doesn't know my full name or where I live. He only has my mobile phone number.

no unless he has the right equipment that costs about £20k or a corrupt cop on his side
Well it was a mistake but she didn't tell you she was in a relationship at the time so it is her fault, I'd just forget it and as others said change your number.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending