The Student Room Group

Why do leftists love Islam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LordPenguinz
If every other countries/ religions discriminate then it does not justify Islam discriminating.

No the issue with Islam is the teachings of bloody islam.

Do you understand why these Muslim countries haven't shaken the law and state from religion?

I'll tell you....it's because in these ISLAMIC countries they abide by ISLAMIC LAW (Sharia Law) they follow this law because that is what the majority of the country believes in, not because they haven't got around to separating church from state.

The difference between Christianity and Islam is that Christianity does not tell its followers to abide by a certain legal system, whilst islam does, as I stated this is called Sharia law.

You are evidently quite ignorant of how Islam works.

I'd challenge you to go over to a middle eastern country e.g Saudi Arabia and start a civil rights movement for women and gays but I wouldn't want to be responsible for your death.

All Religion is retarded full stop.

All religions set down a moral code for their followers. Just because in recently history it is mostly Islam that is inseperable from the state in a range of barbaric countries it doesn't necessarily follow that Islamis therefore the problem any more so than religions in general being a problem.

You have clearly read or understood little of what I've posted throughout this thread if you believe that you have convinced me that Islam is therefore evil above all over religions.
Original post by Onde
The dissemination of hate speech is a crime. So why isn't the distribution of the qur'an an offence?

I don't think any intellectual authority would call the Quran a hate speech document, not more than say "Mein Kampf".
Reply 142
Why is it when there is an Islamic terror attack, all the left wingers come out to defend Islam and the Quran?
Original post by offhegoes
Well yes, I agree that religions generally advocate violence within their scripture. To be honest I don't argue the point with anyone who has distaste for religion because of this.

However my points are more aimed at those who seek to portray Islam as a violent religion, whilst seeing no parallels in Christianity and other major religions.

I maintain that, however great or small you feel religions are as a factor, violence comes from man (or woman).

Dude no one ever claimed that Christianity is perfect.

We are criticizing ISLAM and those who commit violent, sexist or racist attacks in the name of Islam. This clearly has and still does to some extent happen with other religions, we get the point. However it seems that with Islam this is a widespread issue that has to be addressed. Your comments do not help as everyone with half a brain recognises that all religions are stupid.
Original post by Onde
You obviously haven't read them then.

I have, but I don't think censorship is the best way to overcome hate speech. (I am not talking about TV media though).
(edited 7 years ago)
Cringin so hard at 'leftists' rn mane Tf is wrong with your english
Original post by QE2
But this raises the question, if you believe that the morality of a religion is wrong, why do you follow it?

It is completely illogical to say "I belive that X is absolutely true and perfect, but at the same time, I believe that X is wrong".

Yh I do follow the religion cuz I was brought up in it, but I am not a practising Muslim, its just a basic belief.
Original post by QE2
So, not the existence of Allah, the content of the Quran, or the example of Muhammad then?

Perhaps you're not really cut out to be a Muslim?

No, I believe in the existence of Allah & the content of the Qur'an & the example of the prophet but it is an inspiration because it emphasises my beliefs and helps me to love God even more.
Original post by JezWeCan!
Why did your God send a message to the world that only a few people could understand?

Wasn't that a bit irresponsible and stupid of him? Likely to lead to humans getting it wrong, killing each other?

That is the consequence of your bizarre argument that the Koran can't be translated.

Now if he had written it in English it would have been clear! :biggrin:

and @QE2

Look's like you guys have misunderstood my post.
Follow my Instructions:
1. Open up a classical work of Shakespeare

2. Read it through it's entirety
3. come back here and post whatever you have understood.

What I'm trying to say, any living language gets heavily changed over the years

This is the type of english back in the 1500's:
th're is nay way a bee
shouldst beest able to flyeth.
its wings art too bawbling to receiveth
its bacon-fed dram corse off the did grind.
the bee, of course, flies concluded, be it
because bees careth not
what humans bethink is impossible.

I'm pretty sure a common person would not be able to understand it, even if they are english speakers.
Same thing with Arabic.
Do you know why most scientific terms are in Greek or Latin? They are dead languages and thus will not evolve over the years. That's why we are called Homo sapiens and not humans. the word "human" will most likely change in the next century.
All religions set down a moral code for their followers. Just because in recently history it is mostly Islam that is inseperable from the state in a range of barbaric countries it doesn't necessarily follow that Islamis therefore the problem any more so than religions in general being a problem.

You have clearly read or understood little of what I've posted throughout this thread if you believe that you have convinced me that Islam is therefore evil above all over religions.

I never set out to convince you that Islam is more violent than any other religion, they are all just as stupid and evil. WHAT I'M SAYING IS ISLAM IS STILL PRACTISED IN A VIOLENT MANNER IN VARIOUS COUNTRIES WHILST CHRISTIANITY OR BUDDISM IS NOT.

How many Buddist terror related atrocities have you heard about in the past 10 years?

How many Islamic related terror atrocities have you heard of this year?

Stop living in dream world where everything is equally bad and come to reality where some religions are really bad whilst others are just bad.
Original post by QE2
Meaningless platitude.
Islam is a religion of peace and violence, tolerance and intolerance, equality and discrimination.
To claim otherwise is to deny the evidence of the Quran and sunnah.

So you think. The Quran and prophet's teachings do not teach violence, intolerance and discrimination, but unfortunately some people go against the Quran's basic teachings.
&
The word 'Islam' means peace.
Aaaand here we go again. This thread was a bad idea to make...
Original post by QE2
The problem is, you can't do this.
There are millions of Muslims who do not respect different cultures or beliefs. Many millions believe that people should be killed for the beliefs or sexual behaviour (under the right circumstances).
By definition, anyone who follows traditional Islam to the letter and rejects the modern, revisionist interpretations, holds intolerant, extremist views.

Yes, I can because I am entitled to my opinion. I can't be blamed for the people who don't respect other cultures, religions and beliefs. I don't believe that, and I can adapt to today's attitudes and society, so please don't blame me for the actions and speech of all the Muslims in the world today.
Original post by shakeebshams
I remember on the news when this popped up when they completely added a new verse to the Quran made by themselves.

I smell ...
I never set out to convince you that Islam is more violent than any other religion, they are all just as stupid and evil.

Ok.

WHAT I'M SAYING IS... some religions are really bad whilst others are just bad.

Sorry, are you trying to convince me some religions are worse than others, or not?
(edited 7 years ago)
WHAT I'M SAYING IS ISLAM IS STILL PRACTISED IN A VIOLENT MANNER IN VARIOUS COUNTRIES WHILST CHRISTIANITY OR BUDDISM(sp) IS NOT.

How many Buddist terror related atrocities have you heard about in the past 10 years?

No more than a couple. This year. But then again what's only ones I've heard about.
Reply 156
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
No, I believe in the existence of Allah & the content of the Qur'an & the example of the prophet but it is an inspiration because it emphasises my beliefs and helps me to love God even more.
Even the bits allowing slavery, wife-beating, killing apostates, executing prisoners and torturing people to death?

Surely you could find better inspiration while still maintaining a belief in the supernatural?
What I quoted you is Buddhist scrupture.

Could you provide a link to an authoritative source for this article of Buddhist scripture, please?

"Now go, attack the Amalekites and utterly destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants..."

That is from the Old Testament, not the New. Which the Koran draws inspiration from actually, although Mohammed got it embarrassingly wrong sometimes.

I am not attempting to exculpate Christianity, mind. It has been a dreadful religion in its time, that is for sure. And some of the seeds of that come from its scripture. Especially the Old Testament.

My point is that Islam is even worse theologically.

............................................................................................................................

Whatever. The problem is that Christianity is a dying religion in the west, Islam is resurgent everywhere.

We no longer burn heretics at the stake or drown witches. We left that behind in the dark ages. The Islamic State is doing that kind of stuff in the twenty first century.

That is why Islam is such a serious problem and Christianity isn't. They still believe, we don't.
Original post by QE2
Even the bits allowing slavery, wife-beating, killing apostates, executing prisoners and torturing people to death?

Surely you could find better inspiration while still maintaining a belief in the supernatural?

No not those bits actually.
I do have other inspiration as well, like doing well for my self, and providing for my parents, and making them proud.
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
No not those bits actually.
I do have other inspiration as well, like doing well for my self, and providing for my parents, and making them proud.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending