The Student Room Group

19th May 2016 - OCR 21st Century Science C1 C2 C3 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 11207ymir
i put to fully combust the air contains other compounds and may result in incomplete combustion

I started to talk about that but crossed it out, because since it was powering a welding torch, heat is the main thing they would be looking for.
Original post by Ella_08
hydrocarbon

Oh that's good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ryndvdmddn
I put that it burns in oxygen as it can burn more rapidly, and so reach higher temperatures.

Seems right to me even though i had no idea in the exam
Original post by Usmaan345
Oh that's good

Posted from TSR Mobile

guessing you got that too :wink:
Guys I hope everyone's exam went well! I didn't do that great lol, the only thing I'm confident I got was about the ruler and I rambled on for a whole page😂
For the ruler question, did anybody else say that the girl who was breaking rulers method was not economically viable and was a waste of resources?
what did everyone get for the table on the last page?
Original post by fowfows
Guys I hope everyone's exam went well! I didn't do that great lol, the only thing I'm confident I got was about the ruler and I rambled on for a whole page😂

Lol me too 😂 At least I know I got that one right
Reply 128
Original post by 99Qwerty99
what did everyone get for the table on the last page?

I got 0.16 x 10^7 and 10000
Original post by katxxxx
I got 0.16 x 10^7 and 10000

I got 1.6 x 10 to the 6 - not sure which is right, both will probably be allowed
Reply 130
10 000 for the first box and 1.6X10^6 for the second I think.
Reply 131
Original post by Sarahhabibx
What did everyone do for the solution mining question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was confused by that one, thought there wasn't enough boxes! I was sure that they had to distill it in order to purify it and that stuff like clay was absorbed too...
Original post by iow16
I was confused by that one, thought there wasn't enough boxes! I was sure that they had to distill it in order to purify it and that stuff like clay was absorbed too...

There were enough boxes, some of the options were incorrect - clay is insoluble, for example.
Original post by emmald583
@lalafirmstone Liked the crude oil 4 mark and drawing the molecules!

Didn't like the invigilator so much...

haha that little one can be a bit of a b*tch
I started to talk about that but crossed it out, because since it was powering a welding torch, heat is the main thing they would be looking for.

Well I put it burns quicker I think, so dropped a mark there :biggrin:
Original post by lalafirmstone
haha that little one can be a bit of a b*tch

Felt like telling her that I can still hear what she says even if she puts her hand in front of her face :colondollar:
Felt like telling her that I can still hear what she says even if she puts her hand in front of her face :colondollar:

and dismissing us one row at a time was only prolonging the distraction for the 6th formers, not making it any better... particularly when the floor makes a stupid noise anytime anyone so much as breathes
Original post by lalafirmstone
and dismissing us one row at a time was only prolonging the distraction for the 6th formers, not making it any better... particularly when the floor makes a stupid noise anytime anyone so much as breathes

You forgot copious amounts of eye rolling when someone pushed their chair in too loudly...
So happy I revised risks of plasticizers last min... that was something I had completely forgotten was in the spec! Anyone else face any questions they were not expecting??
Someone create a Physics forum please,

does anyone have the 2015 paper for physics and the mark scheme? would be appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest