The Student Room Group

How can I pay my reservation fee?

Hi, just recieved my accomodation offer from UCLan. I intend to start uni in september, but they want a £250 reservation fee upfront. I won't have that kind of money till i get my mantainance loan. What do i do?
Original post by Jaybeegee47
Hi, just recieved my accomodation offer from UCLan. I intend to start uni in september, but they want a £250 reservation fee upfront. I won't have that kind of money till i get my mantainance loan. What do i do?

Not their problem

Borrow it from family or see if you can get your bank to loan you the money.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Not their problem

Borrow it from family or see if you can get your bank to loan you the money.

Looks like there's no hope for me, thanks anyway
Reply 3
Get a student bank account and take out an overdraft

Try the private halls in preston if you can't afford uclans reservation fee, there's one on moor lane with a £1 reservation fee and no deposit and i believe most of the other private accomodation has low fees too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, just recieved my accomodation offer from UCLan. I intend to start uni in september, but they want a £250 reservation fee upfront. I won't have that kind of money till i get my maintenance loan. What do i do?

Hi Jaybeegee47,

The best thing to do would to contact the accommodation team on 01772 892529, explain your situation and see if they can do anything for you.

But as another member suggested, go to your bank and you can open a Student Account and receive an overdraft (meaning you can go below £0 and will not have to pay any interest). Then pay the fee off with that and then it will immediately be paid back via your maintenance loan. I would suggest looking up this as an alternative.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Adam

If you wnat to pen a bank account then you need to check what the requirments are. It might be an unconditional offer and acceptance confirmation from UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending