The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE Chemistry papers on 19th May

How did everyone find the chemistry tests today?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought that it went very well - I was pretty much hoping that the questions that came up would come up and they did so pleasantly surprised! How did it go for you?
Original post by lidzxxx
I thought that it went very well - I was pretty much hoping that the questions that came up would come up and they did so pleasantly surprised! How did it go for you?

Everyone said that the extended paper 4 was really difficult but I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the multiple choice was tricky though
Original post by GCSE DEMOLISHER
Everyone said that the extended paper 4 was really difficult but I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the multiple choice was tricky though

It is always refreshing to see the paper start on a table about the charges and size of protons, neutrons and electrons.
I think it was alright overall. What did everyone put for the black solid?
carbon, how about you?
Original post by Tennislover123
carbon, how about you?

Omg same, I was a bit confused but at least I'm not the only one who put that.
was Nylon the last answer, i just guessed?
Reply 8
Original post by SalopJack

no cant be nylon is a polyamide
Original post by SalopJack

terylene was correct
For the bond energy question on paper 4, did people get 275 or 115. There is confusion in my year.
its Terylene
I found the multiple choice harder than paper 4, but tbh I was dreading the extended theory paper but I acc knew the answers to more questions that I thought I would. For me it was one of those exams where I'm not entirely sure how well I did, but oh well so glad it's over :smile:
Original post by xsophie_daviesx
I think it was alright overall. What did everyone put for the black solid?

I put carbon as well, hope it's right
Original post by katodizzle
I put carbon as well, hope it's right

What did you get for the question after it? like what kind of reaction was it?
Original post by GCSE DEMOLISHER
It is always refreshing to see the paper start on a table about the charges and size of protons, neutrons and electrons.

Same I had a mini fist bump moment when I saw that, kinda boosted my confidence loads
Reply 16
Original post by DhillonDodhia
For the bond energy question on paper 4, did people get 275 or 115. There is confusion in my year.

its 116
Original post by jezza672
What did you get for the question after it? like what kind of reaction was it?

I can't even remember sorry lol
Was it addition or condensation polymerisation?
Original post by izak
its 116

I'm pretty sure it was 275

Quick Reply

Latest