The Student Room Group

Egyptair plane with 66 passengers disappears from radar

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oShahpo
They're equally bad, but not equally dangerous. "Defending the teachings of Allah"?, what an imbecile.

To be honest, from the posts I have read you do seem to be left wing, although perhaps not a radical crazy lefty.
Original post by The_Opinion
To be honest, from the posts I have read you do seem to be left wing, although perhaps not a radical crazy lefty.

I am probably a liberal, but I find myself agreeing much more frequently with the Conservatives than I do with Labour, so I don't know exactly.
Reply 102
Original post by oShahpo
I am probably a liberal, but I find myself agreeing much more frequently with the Conservatives than I do with Labour, so I don't know exactly.

I feel the same way. The ''left'' has become so extreme and marxist that they are far closer to being 1938 nazis than any sort of liberal.
Reply 103
Original post by yasminkattan
It's not as simple as being a non-believer or criticising Islam. If you're a non-believer and don't spread mischief that doesn't apply to you.

So don't put words in my mouth or try to twist what I said previously.

What is "spreading mischief" exactly?
Reply 104
i will never get in a plane ever again :afraid: that ****'s scary omg RIP all those people </3 :cry2:
Original post by oShahpo

To be honest, the Conservative party are not right wing, they just happen to be more right than Labour.

Original post by Erebor
I feel the same way. The ''left'' has become so extreme and marxist that they are far closer to being 1938 nazis than any sort of liberal.

That is what has led to the growth of a party like UKIP, which attracts many Labour style voters, who believe in a strong NHS etc, but don't believe in the craziness of modern day left wing politics. The liberal left of yesteryear stood up for free speech and freedom of expression, now they look to shut it down.
Original post by Josb
What is "spreading mischief" exactly?

Saying anything that he doesn't agree with.
Horrible:frown: seeing the pictures of the relatives made me tear up. Cannot imagine the pain they are going through
Original post by z33
i will never get in a plane ever again :afraid: that ****'s scary omg RIP all those people </3 :cry2:

I've avoided taking planes ever since MH370.

I tend to save money too :u:
Reply 109
Original post by Dodgypirate

yeah i dont know how business people who travel everywhere manage X_X
Original post by oShahpo
I am definitely not right wing, but I am not left either. I disapprove of this classification. I believe one can be anti-immigration while at the same anti-gun-ownership, or pro-immigration while at the same time anti-free-education, if you get what I mean.

I do get what you mean and I completely agree. It actually really annoys me when I watch BBC News, Sky News etc, and there will be a group of people protesting against immigration, and they will be referred to as "far right protestors". These people are often working class kind of people and in every other sense would be left wing. Lying media.
The Egyptian minister has come out & said that terrorism is the most likely cause (which is pretty much of the opposite of what happened with the last incident). It certainly seems that was to me for reasons I'll list below:

A320 safety records are excellent as I've said in an earlier post. I'm sure some chap on BBC Breakfast said this morning that A320s & their varients (A318s/19/21s) take off/land every few seconds. I suppose there's the law of averages that due eventually catch up but an IED or a similar attack is more far more likely.
If you look at A320 incidents, almost all issues that have happened in midair have been caused by a human factor - either a suicidal crew member or a terrorist attack. Most of the incidents have happened on the ground or during the critical stages of flight (take off/landing). A crazy/suicidal pilot can't be ruled out - the maneuver the jet pulled suggests the crew either couldn't control the aircraft or were fighting for the control of it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accidents_and_incidents_involving_the_Airbus_A320_family
ISIS has unfortunately said it intends to target Egypt (despite it being a majority Islamic country) & France has its own issues with jihadists.
Airport security has undoubtedly improved since 9/11 but anything with a human in the chain is prone to failure. It could be a human error which allowed an explosive device or another weapon aboard. Or it could be that the terrorists have adapted their ability to get around scanners using a Surgically implanted explosive device or Body Cavity Bomb which are harder (although not impossible) to detect (& have their own set of issues).

Of course I could be wrong. It'd be great if their were survivors but after dropping from 37,000ft it doesn't seem likely.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dodgypirate

I'd still say that air travel is safer than your average car journey.
Reply 113
Basically the content of this thread is 80% Islam/Terrorism and 20% the Airbus
Anyone who kills a human in Islam, it is like they have killed the whole of humanity ((Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.) (5:32)).

Theoretically speaking, if this an Islamic terrorist attack, the perpetrators have the deaths of 489,952,299,276 (66*7,423,519,686) humans on their scales on the day of judgement. Not a good rap sheet, they would be stupid fools IF they've done this.

I still don't get it, it's Egypt Air, so most likely refugees or other Muslims going to Cairo, I doubt anyone else would go. It's dangerous.
Original post by A$AP Khxlxd
Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. (5:32).

Would infidels not fall under the category of carrying out 'corruption in the land'?

I would say that they do, therefore this can't really apply to the non-believers.
Reply 116
Original post by childofthesun
PRSOM.
Quite pathetic really. Certain individuals just take advantage of tragedies like this to express their hatred of Islam and Muslims. When hearing of the incident, their first thoughts were probably along the lines of "omg these terrorist Muslims" instead of sparing a thought for the victims and families.

Exactly, finally someone with some sense.
This is a News & Current Affairs section of a debate forum.
It is not a condolence board.

Don't know about you two, but I am quite capable of thinking "Oh, those poor people, so sad", whilst at the same time typing "It'll be them pesky Muzlamics again!"
Original post by z33
yeah i dont know how business people who travel everywhere manage X_X

People who fly regularly just remember that the flight is safer than the taxi to the airport.

Oh - and we abuse the free alcohol/pretzels.
Reply 118
Original post by z33
If you're gonna go, that's gotta be one hell of a rush! I'd rather that than a slow descent into dementia.
Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves really. Here you are already blaming it on Muslims despite there being no evidence of a terrorist attack, or any information about the cause, whilst the families of these 66 people are in agony. May Allah forgive these people and help their families through this tough time. And may he punish those who were responsible for this, if it happens to be the case.

Hmm, we finally agree on something. :holmes: But since when did you set much store by evidence? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending