The Student Room Group

Business Studies unit 1 retake A Level Edexcel (AS) 19th May 2016

Anybody do this exam? How did you find it?

Scroll to see replies

i quite liked it!
The answer for the YED question was -34
Reply 3
What
Reply 4
What exam are you guys talking about
Reply 5
Original post by slicedcookie
i quite liked it!

What did you get for the sampling question, where it asked whether it was an opportunity cost, trade off, bias or test marketing
Original post by Yousf
What did you get for the sampling question, where it asked whether it was an opportunity cost, trade off, bias or test marketing

i think we've done 2 different papers lol
I got trade off! you?
The answer for the YED question was -34

i got that as well, you sure that's right ?
And what did you write for the 20 marker ?
yeah it's right!Bu

for the 20 marker i just said that online Bunches can increase their market size by distributing to different countries, however, the postage is a variable cost so they can't predict their cash out flow..etc etc

Then i said online they can tailor their approach to customers as it's direct producer to consumer blah blach
Original post by Yousf

according to my business books, time as well as money are considered an opportunity cost, not a trade off.
yeah it's right!Bu

for the 20 marker i just said that online Bunches can increase their market size by distributing to different countries, however, the postage is a variable cost so they can't predict their cash out flow..etc etc

Then i said online they can tailor their approach to customers as it's direct producer to consumer blah blach

Nice. I put -34 but I thought it was waaaayyy to elastic to be the correct answer. Why did you get for i think the 8 marker on how social trends will affect the distribution channels? and what you hoping to get in the exam
I am doing the exam tomorrow as an internal exam for my school, what topics were covered in exam :smile:
What did you guys write for "How will social trends affect the distribution channels?"
Reply 14
Original post by Danielito1201
according to my business books, time as well as money are considered an opportunity cost, not a trade off.

Oh ok, how about the unemployment question? Where it said what does a fall in unemployment lead to
Original post by jessicamatola
What did you guys write for "How will social trends affect the distribution channels?"

That was hard, I put how it should shift to a more modern distribution channel, as more people found out about all the food that was close to expiry date that was getting wasted. Quite a hard one.

what you get for the YED qu and that one
Original post by Yousf

was it not a trade off because I'm pretty sure opportunity cost is what you could have done differently with the money? idk I put trade off but not 100%
Reply 17
Original post by Sloanepeterson
was it not a trade off because I'm pretty sure opportunity cost is what you could have done differently with the money? idk I put trade off but not 100%

How about the one that asked what does unemployment lead to and it gave the options of net profit, sales revenue, volume of sales and gross profit, I put net profits
Original post by Yousf
How about the one that asked what does unemployment lead to and it gave the options of net profit, sales revenue, volume of sales and gross profit, I put net profits

i wasn't sure about that one either, i put sales volume because more of the population have a disposable income since less are unemployed. That could be wrong though. But very harsh as you would think that all of them would be a consequence of lower unemployment since people are spending...
Reply 19
Original post by Sloanepeterson
i wasn't sure about that one either, i put sales volume because more of the population have a disposable income since less are unemployed. That could be wrong though. But very harsh as you would think that all of them would be a consequence of lower unemployment since people are spending...

Do you think it was harder or easier than last years exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending