The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Spanish 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HouseOfRichman
Nope I found it myself. If you go on the AQA website for the new specification (should say from assessment in 2018) and go into sample assessment material it's there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, okay, thank you for letting me know. Very useful new questions I have not seen before. Thanks :smile:
How is everyone revising today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm probably going to go on to memrise and linguascope and do some vocab and maybe a past paper or two

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
I got A* in writing and speaking so what will i get if i get a C in both listening and reading, will I get a B?
Original post by wobuaini
not worried at all, lowest mark I have gotten in Spanish mock exams since year 9 is 2 marks below full, and got full UMS in French last year so tbh I'm focusing on chemistry revision right now- probably won't revise at all for Spanish until warm up session on Friday. Even if it is really hard I'm currently on 298 UMS since I dropped one mark on a speaking test

Posted from TSR Mobile

you're a bit up yourself arent you considering you're probably a cretin enjoy the UMS though you left footed dinosaur
Original post by Avjedi
I got A* in writing and speaking so what will i get if i get a C in both listening and reading, will I get a B?

yes, you will get an overall grade of B if you get a c in the exams and A*'s in all your CW :smile: x buena suerte por mañana x
Reply 66
I really hope it won't be too hard so far the previous past papers have been fairly easy. I'm just going to do all the past papers today and lots of vocab, can any one show me the harder vocab you need?
Buena suerte por mañana! x x x
Original post by srmed
I really hope it won't be too hard so far the previous past papers have been fairly easy. I'm just going to do all the past papers today and lots of vocab, can any one show me the harder vocab you need?

If you go on memrise and find AQA spanish vocab / intermediate spanish (or advance) you can get loads of vocab stuff on there ! :smile: it's really good for languages :smile: They also give you audio so you know what it sounds like etc :smile: x

Buena suerte por mañana x x
Tambien, pienso que si escuchas a música de español antes el examen es bueno porque te ayuda a consentrarse y comprender nuevos vocabularios etc ! :smile:
Reply 70
Hola a todos!
Mi nombre es Pamela Gómez, soy de Argentina y trabajo para una Institución dedicada a la investigación zoólogica, botánica y geológica. Actualmente estoy terminando mis estudios como traductora de Inglés, por lo que me gustaría poder mejorar mi nivel en dicho idioma. Y dado que supongo esta no debe ser sólo una inquietud personal; quisiera ofrecer, a quienes tengan interés, un intercambio serio (Inglés/Español) o (Español/Inglés) de modo que podamos ayudarnos mutuamente en nuestros respectivos aprendizajes de idiomas.
Gracias desde ya,
Pam
Reply 71
Original post by massssssss_
yes, you will get an overall grade of B if you get a c in the exams and A*'s in all your CW :smile: x buena suerte por mañana x

what if you got 108/120 in your coursework? say i get both Bs on tomorrows exams, what would i get?
(edited 7 years ago)
Im screwed, if i knew i couldnt pick spanish i really wouldnt have, I got moderated and my speaking coursework dropped to a D and my coursework is like a B or C idk, I just need one of the latinas next to me tomorrow and im good, because we dont do it in the exam hall we do it in a classroom.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by escg
what if you got 108/120 in your coursework? say i get both Bs on tomorrows exams, what would i get?

well i think it's all averaged out , but 108 is pretty high for coursework! :smile: so most likely a high A or maybe even A* depending on how close to an A your B was :smile: x
Original post by wobuaini
not worried at all, lowest mark I have gotten in Spanish mock exams since year 9 is 2 marks below full, and got full UMS in French last year so tbh I'm focusing on chemistry revision right now- probably won't revise at all for Spanish until warm up session on Friday. Even if it is really hard I'm currently on 298 UMS since I dropped one mark on a speaking test

Posted from TSR Mobile

****in nerd
Reply 75

cheers buena suerte
Reply 76
well i think it's all averaged out , but 108 is pretty high for coursework! :smile: so most likely a high A or maybe even A* depending on how close to an A your B was :smile: x

if i recall correctly, i got 27/30 and 28/30 for my written. and 26/30 and 27/30 for my speaking. i actually suck at spanish, but i made sure to do exceptional well in my CS so i had something to fall back on if i don't perform well in the actual exam haha. I pray it averages to an A, would be the best haha :smile:
Original post by graceelle
Im screwed, if i knew i couldnt pick spanish i really wouldnt have, I got moderated and my coursework dropped to a D and my coursework is like a B or C idk, I just need one of the latinas next to me tomorrow and im good, because we dont do it in the exam hall we do it in a classroom.

Just learn some synonyms and more complex vocab that may be likely to come up :smile: buena suerte por mañana x x
Original post by escg
if i recall correctly, i got 27/30 and 28/30 for my written. and 26/30 and 27/30 for my speaking. i actually suck at spanish, but i made sure to do exceptional well in my CS so i had something to fall back on if i don't perform well in the actual exam haha. I pray it averages to an A, would be the best haha :smile:

That's really good! :smile: If you get a C, in exams you will get a B overall (as i recall from my teacher) but im sure you'll do better because thats really good for CW, i also had the same idea as you haha, i managed to get 29/30, 30/30 for written and 29/30 and 30/30 for speaking! :smile: x
Reply 79
That's really good! :smile: If you get a C, in exams you will get a B overall (as i recall from my teacher) but im sure you'll do better because thats really good for CW, i also had the same idea as you haha, i managed to get 29/30, 30/30 for written and 29/30 and 30/30 for speaking! :smile: x

my god those are amazing grades xD I even took 2 resits to get atleast 2 As in my speaking - it was so confusing because my teacher gave us the questions all in the wrong order :frown: but all worked out I think. I just hope i get an A haha, I'm assuming you're aiming for that A* :smile: do you know any words that often come up in the past papers and are quite important? that could potentially be useful haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending