The Student Room Group

Igcse biology 17th may 2016 grade boundaries predictions

This is a thread purely dedicated to grade boundary predictions, please state what you think the grade boundaries will be for this exam
I guess it will be higher. The paper wasn't all that hard. Maybe 145 or 150 out of 180 for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
what do you think an A will be?
Original post by maths_geek234
This is a thread purely dedicated to grade boundary predictions, please state what you think the grade boundaries will be for this exam

2013 A* = 129/180 (72%)
2014 A* = 129/180 (72%)
2015 A* = 135/180 (75%)
I understand grade boundaries are based on overall performance of the year but not entirely, never seen a year where grade boundaries fluctuate by more than 3% and usually it takes atleast two years for grade boundaries to change at all.
My prediction, a harder paper than 2015 so i expect about 75 or 78% for an A*.
Wait, the paper I did was out of 120?
Reply 6
Original post by asd.987

probably another board. I think the grade boundaries should be lower this time - AQA were plaing mind games with their formatting and wording of questions lol
Original post by sv42008
probably another board. I think the grade boundaries should be lower this time - AQA were plaing mind games with their formatting and wording of questions lol

Oh, I'm doing iGCSE Edexcel. Anyone else?
Reply 8
Im not sure about igcse seeing as I did gcse. I personally think that it was definitely harder than last years, especially chemistry today!! I predict they would most likely move it down a few marks.
I'm doing Edexcel too... I thought the questions were weird: nothing at ALL like all past papers! I thought it was fine though. A few people have said they thought it was hard though, so on that basis I think the grade boundaries might be a bit lower than last year (hopefully!)
Original post by Meganxhb
Im not sure about igcse seeing as I did gcse. I personally think that it was definitely harder than last years, especially chemistry today!! I predict they would most likely move it down a few marks.

Chemistry today was VILE! :frown:
Original post by Themightyboo
I'm doing Edexcel too... I thought the questions were weird: nothing at ALL like all past papers! I thought it was fine though. A few people have said they thought it was hard though, so on that basis I think the grade boundaries might be a bit lower than last year (hopefully!)

Did you do the chemistry today as well? The one where it had questions about burning copper and dynamic equilibrium etc...
What do you reckon the grade boundary for an A* will be (for bio).
For me it's not over though because I do triple :redface:
Original post by asd.987
Did you do the chemistry today as well? The one where it had questions about burning copper and dynamic equilibrium etc...
What do you reckon the grade boundary for an A* will be (for bio).
For me it's not over though because I do triple :redface:

I'm doing that too... I don't about the boundaries for the papers individually, but for A*A* last year it was 272/360...
Original post by asd.987

There are two papers to do in Edexcel.
You did paper one which is out of 120
And paper 2 is out of 60.
Adding up to 180

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest