The Student Room Group

drew the diagram in pencil?

In my C1 exam today I drew the structure of butane in pencil and completely forgot that you should use black pen in exams. Will my diagram not be seen now and will I lose the marks? I'm really worried because the grade boundaries are going to be really high for the C1 exam and those 2 or 3 marks will be really crucial :frown:
Original post by surina16
In my C1 exam today I drew the structure of butane in pencil and completely forgot that you should use black pen in exams. Will my diagram not be seen now and will I lose the marks? I'm really worried because the grade boundaries are going to be really high for the C1 exam and those 2 or 3 marks will be really crucial :frown:

I don't think so, as long as it was a strong line
Reply 2
your diagram will be seen

Oh s**t youve just reminded me I forgot to write in black as well

Tbh I doubt they wouldn't be able to see it
In my C1 exam today I drew the structure of butane in pencil and completely forgot that you should use black pen in exams. Will my diagram not be seen now and will I lose the marks?

Don't worry, it should be fine. They get marked by real people anyway so as long as the pencil was dark you should be fine. I'm assuming you did AQA iGCSE?

I'm really worried because the grade boundaries are going to be really high for the C1 exam and those 2 or 3 marks will be really crucial :frown:

How do you know grade boundaries will be high? I hope they aren't, I made so many stupid mistakes like forgetting what an isotope was called (I put ion in a desperate attempt to salvage marks), and I'm pretty sure I only got 3 marks or less on the 6-marker electrolysis question :colondollar:
i did this too i didn't know you were expected to do them in black pen. tbh i didn't even press on very hard. they get scanned like a photograph though so they should be seen, and if they can see an attempt is made and they can't see it clearly, it will be pulled out. i also did question 1 in pencil (AQA GCSE)
Original post by 1jonam16
I don't think so, as long as it was a strong line

Original post by waagh
your diagram will be seen

Okay thank you :smile: I think it's the post-exam paranoia kicking in :colondollar:

Original post by IAmAnTroll
Oh s**t youve just reminded me I forgot to write in black as well

Tbh I doubt they wouldn't be able to see it

Lol at least we're in this together :biggrin:

Original post by roobyruth
Don't worry, it should be fine. They get marked by real people anyway so as long as the pencil was dark you should be fine. I'm assuming you did AQA iGCSE?

How do you know grade boundaries will be high? I hope they aren't, I made so many stupid mistakes like forgetting what an isotope was called (I put ion in a desperate attempt to salvage marks), and I'm pretty sure I only got 3 marks or less on the 6-marker electrolysis question :colondollar:

Really? I thought they get scanned into a computer which is why you can't go out of the box? No, just the normal AQA GCSE, and I think the grade boundaries will be high, as it was easier than last year's paper (where the boundary was 50/60 for an A*) :redface:. I'm sure you did much better than you think in the exam - I hope it went well :smile:
Reply 7
don't worry i believe I've made the stupidest mistake of them all as i think i have put a gas chamber instead of fume cupboard for a safety precaution of the chlorine gas :frown:
Reply 8
It will be seen as long as it's a dark line. In maths you draw graphs with pencil etc and that gets scanned perfectly fine so don't worry!
Original post by jazz_xox_
i did this too i didn't know you were expected to do them in black pen. tbh i didn't even press on very hard. they get scanned like a photograph though so they should be seen, and if they can see an attempt is made and they can't see it clearly, it will be pulled out. i also did question 1 in pencil (AQA GCSE)

I realised as soon as the invigilators started collecting up the papers :colonhash: Neither did I tbh, I'm just hoping they see it, because it would be an easy 3 marks thown away
I realised as soon as the invigilators started collecting up the papers :colonhash: Neither did I tbh, I'm just hoping they see it, because it would be an easy 3 marks thown away

Mine would be 5 marks as I did the drawing of electrons in pencil too :frown: I highly doubt they wouldn't see it. I remember doing an exam the other day that said 'drawings may be done in HB pencil' but I really can't remember which exam it was, haha. I'm presuming it was the biology exam? i'm sure it''l be fine :smile:
Original post by mxskaan
It will be seen as long as it's a dark line. In maths you draw graphs with pencil etc and that gets scanned perfectly fine so don't worry!

I didn't think of that- thank you! :h:
Reply 12
Original post by Josh245
don't worry i believe I've made the stupidest mistake of them all as i think i have put a gas chamber instead of fume cupboard for a safety precaution of the chlorine gas :frown:

hahahahahahaha
Really? I thought they get scanned into a computer which is why you can't go out of the box?

I'm sure my maths teacher said they get marked by people. Oh well, I haven't got a clue then!

I'm sure you did much better than you think in the exam - I hope it went well :smile:

Thank you!! Hopefully I did do okay, good luck to you too for 25th August!

Unless it's really dark then it should be fine !
Also, that's what i did for the balancing equations when i wrote in pencil but then i rubbed it out and wrote in pen. It was really faint as well. God bless :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest