The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

What rooms are people in for Nicholson?

Hi guys i've accpeted my contracted and i'm in Nicholson; NICHOA05A

Scroll to see replies

NICHOE17A, looks like we're on different floors... What're you studying??
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Just a quick explanation on that the code means:

NICHOE17A

NICHO = Nicholson Hall
E = E Block
17 = Room 17
A = You can ignore this as it is left over from when the uni used to have shared rooms, which they don't have any more (one person would get 17A and the other 17B)

So NICHOA05A = Nicholson Hall, A Block, Room 5.

There are about 25 rooms per block, with lower numbers being on the lower floors and the higher numbers being on higher floors.

So you guys are actually in different blocks so you probably won't actually be seeing each other that much (sorry for disappointing you).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Maxvo2
Hi guys i've accpeted my contracted and i'm in Nicholson; NICHOA05A

I'm in Nicholson aswell! NICHOA16A, so I guess, same block, different floor? Maybe we'll be seeing each other! What're you studying?
NICHOD03A, studying Computer Science.

I know I'll sound like a spoilt brat, but does anybody know if there is any flexibility with the rooms? I was super glad to get my first choice, but being on the ground floor when there are balconies up for grabs has made me sad!

p.s. Anybody looking to be going to X4L in hull?
Reply 5
Havent accepted my contract yet but looks like im in (NICHO)D07A
Im going to be studying marine biology (with foundation year)
Not sure about room flexibility though
Reply 6
Original post by crkaz

I know I'll sound like a spoilt brat, but does anybody know if there is any flexibility with the rooms? I was super glad to get my first choice, but being on the ground floor when there are balconies up for grabs has made me sad!

It sounds like we're going to be living next to each other! I've been put in NICHOD02A, I' hoping to get onto the Supply Chain Management course :smile: What's the X4L?
Reply 7
Original post by sophiestreet
NICHOE17A, looks like we're on different floors... What're you studying??

I'm studying Zoology, what about you? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by MasktheGiraffe
I'm in Nicholson aswell! NICHOA16A, so I guess, same block, different floor? Maybe we'll be seeing each other! What're you studying?

Awesome we are in the same block! yeah that might be a different floor but could still be the same one haha....I'm studying Zoology, what about you?
Original post by Maxvo2
I'm studying Zoology, what about you? :smile:

Physics with Astrophysics :smile: Fun stuff haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Physics with Astrophysics :smile: Fun stuff haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow that does sound interesting and very challenging haha, hope you enjoy it :P
Reply 11
Original post by Tj146517
Havent accepted my contract yet but looks like im in (NICHO)D07A
Im going to be studying marine biology (with foundation year)
Not sure about room flexibility though

I've accepted NICHOD02A so I think that mean's we're on the same floor? Have you accepted it or are you going somewhere else? :smile:
Original post by Maxvo2
Wow that does sound interesting and very challenging haha, hope you enjoy it :P

Ikr, wish me luck haha. Hope you enjoy your course too! Zoology sounds cool and would probs be extremely interesting to me if I actually understood biology haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maxvo2
Awesome we are in the same block! yeah that might be a different floor but could still be the same one haha....I'm studying Zoology, what about you?

I'm studying Biomedical Engineering! Zoology sounds really interesting. Weird question, how are you (or anyone else reading!) getting to the Uni on the first day? I'm coming up all the way from Dorset and it's quite a drive (about 5/6 hours!). Thinking of getting the train but worried about carrying all my stuff, especially through London...
I'm studying Biomedical Engineering! Zoology sounds really interesting. Weird question, how are you (or anyone else reading!) getting to the Uni on the first day? I'm coming up all the way from Dorset and it's quite a drive (about 5/6 hours!). Thinking of getting the train but worried about carrying all my stuff, especially through London...

Gonna drive up, seems like the best plan. It's about 3 hours for me. Yeah, that probs wouldn't be fun 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gonna drive up, seems like the best plan. It's about 3 hours for me. Yeah, that probs wouldn't be fun 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

No not really aha! I think I'm going to have to persuade my dad to take me 😀
No not really aha! I think I'm going to have to persuade my dad to take me 😀

Haha same, my mum's probs gonna have to drive me. Plus there's the added bonus of having someone else to help with carrying all your stuff haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crkaz

i`m studying computer science in Hull and still haven received accommodation how did you get notified about your accommodation?
Original post by braiiny_
i`m studying computer science in Hull and still haven received accommodation how did you get notified about your accommodation?

When did you apply? I got an email saying that my contract was ready to view/accept a short while ago. You could try logging into the myadmin thing and seeing if you've got accommodation yet; maybe the email got lost 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
When did you apply? I got an email saying that my contract was ready to view/accept a short while ago. You could try logging into the myadmin thing and seeing if you've got accommodation yet; maybe the email got lost 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

They tweeted yesterday they have received 1800 applications and everyone should haven an place in 3-4 weeks just waiting now...

Quick Reply

Latest