The Student Room Group

Can I get an A* in English Lit?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gunjo
I did as well? No one cares though?

So now I have explained to you how your teachers marking doesn't matter, how do you feel? silly? you should.
Original post by V ugvg jhi
I feel just as good as i did when i got A*'s on my early GCSE's.

If you have the need to try and prove yourself on the internet you need to have a good look at yourself. It is a support thread and if you do comment you should be offering support. Not pointless arrogance, that doesn't help any one :smile:
Original post by TRAnders
If you have the need to try and prove yourself on the internet you need to have a good look at yourself. It is a support thread and if you do comment you should be offering support. Not pointless arrogance, that doesn't help any one :smile:

there is no such thing as a support thread. A question was asked, and some inaccurate statements were made by OP. I rectified those statements. Perhaps your statement need rectifying too.The best support you can give someone is the truth. The truth is that your teachers marking doesn't matter. If your teacher is a harsh marker, then your work will not suffer, due to the cross marking and AQA's moderation. Stop making excuses for academic failure.
Original post by V ugvg jhi
there is no 8such thing as a support thread. A question was asked, and some inaccurate statements were made by OP. I rectified those statements. Perhaps your statement need rectifying too.The best support you can give someone is the truth. The truth is that your teachers marking doesn't matter. If your teacher is a harsh marker, then your work will not suffer, due to the cross marking and AQA's moderation. Stop making excuses for academic failure.

Let's get one thing straight. I have not mentioned the marking procedure my controlled assessment is at and you have already made an assumption of me being an academic failure. One bad CA does not mean a person is dumb, similarly one good CA doesnt mean a person is highly intelligent and has the right to put others down because of it. Your being a serious troll in this post and no one appreciates it. And for the record, my CA is at stage 1 and has only been marked by my teacher hence why I think its fully understable if I say it's been marked harshly. So please, do us all a favour and leave this post.
You know if youre teacher is a harsh marker then the board (AQA fir me) will raise your mark. If you're good then you will be fine.
We all need to stop making excuses and just work hard. If you're teacher dropped you then AQA will raise your grade again. If he was so wildly off then AQA will take all your scripts and mark them thenselves.
Like TR Anders said, If you were marked harshly, your final grade will be fine.
Original post by Bulletzone
Hello!

As for my Maths GCSE, I'm predicted an A* and the worst case scenario would be an A.
I have always literally always been 1-3 marks off an A*, since I make silly mistakes.

-Understand every detail of Maths
-Look at Graphs of Expotential functions, they have never come up but AQA are soo unpredictable.
-Past papers are the Key to Success.
-Do not stress if a question looks complicated.
-Always Always Always thoroughly double-check.
-Work on your weaknesses.

What is 33/40 equivalent to as a GCSE grade for CA? ^^
Original post by byaakun
What is 33/40 equivalent to as a GCSE grade for CA? ^^

33/40= High A
35/40= A*
Original post by MeerabBieber
Let's get one thing straight. I have not mentioned the marking procedure my controlled assessment is at and you have already made an assumption of me being an academic failure. One bad CA does not mean a person is dumb, similarly one good CA doesnt mean a person is highly intelligent and has the right to put others down because of it. Your being a serious troll in this post and no one appreciates it. And for the record, my CA is at stage 1 and has only been marked by my teacher hence why I think its fully understable if I say it's been marked harshly. So please, do us all a favour and leave this post.

Thats a lie. AQA's deadline for the submission was the 7th May. Therefore all the in-school marking has been done. I'm sorry you think that i meant you are an academic failure. I never meant that. What I meant was that that you failed your controlled assessment. I would never mean to call you an outright failure.And no, I will not leave this 'post'(what you mean is a thread). At least stop deceiving yourself that your class were unfairly marked down.There are protocols to stop this from happening.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending