The Student Room Group

MEI Mechanics 2 (M2) - 18 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by acuteLL
65/66 what UMS do u think? ( made really stupid mistakes that I could kick myself for!)

85-90, we will see. BTW does anyone know whether there are follow through or method marks for frameworks?
Reply 61
Original post by -Gifted-
85-90, we will see. BTW does anyone know whether there are follow through or method marks for frameworks?

Yes. This is from Jun14, which also required 3 internal forces to be calculated.

NOTE: Award first A1 for ANY force correct (need not be first one
calculated) Award second A1 for a second force correct, FT if
dependent on first one. Award third A1 as cao for everything correct,
including T/C.

From answers I've heard, I appear to have got 2 of the internal forces right. I'm not sure what happened to the third. Also seem to have got YA, the last one we were asked to calculate, incorrect.
Original post by otherdan
Yes. This is from Jun14, which also required 3 internal forces to be calculated.

NOTE: Award first A1 for ANY force correct (need not be first one
calculated) Award second A1 for a second force correct, FT if
dependent on first one. Award third A1 as cao for everything correct,
including T/C.

From answers I've heard, I appear to have got 2 of the internal forces right. I'm not sure what happened to the third. Also seem to have got YA, the last one we were asked to calculate, incorrect.

This is good, we will be receiving follow through A1 marks along with M1 marks for method. So hopefully I will be fine. Thank you .
No it is correct, Jan 2007 mark scheme says this:

Same velocity E1 Accept speed
No force on sledge in direction of motion E1
64 for an A guys ?
64 for an A guys ?

Funny guy, can you stop derailing this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MintyMilk
Funny guy, can you stop derailing this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it will be 57-58 for an A. I have 7 people that take m2 in my school and they all say that they left atleast 12 marks thats without the other mistakes.

So that guy is taking the piss lol
Original post by mohdstudent
I think it will be 57-58 for an A. I have 7 people that take m2 in my school and they all say that they left atleast 12 marks thats without the other mistakes.

Sorry to be a pessimist guys, its not like I did well or anything :/. I am just saying there was nothing really out of the ordinary in this paper- apart from the relative speeds question. So, thats why I said it might be 60+. Do you guys not agree.

@MintyMilk
Sorry to be a pessimist guys, its not like I did well or anything :/. I am just saying there was nothing really out of the ordinary in this paper- apart from the relative speeds question. So, thats why I said it might be 60+. Do you guys not agree.

@MintyMilk

Ya that is true. But also you have to take into account that not everybody takes M2 in A2, so it is likely for the AS students (like myself and friends) find it harder and lower the grade boundaries.

Yeah I think considering past grade boundaries and comparing the difficulty of the paper to past papers, I would expect the grade boundaries to be quite high.
Original post by Alex621
Yeah I think considering past grade boundaries and comparing the difficulty of the paper to past papers, I would expect the grade boundaries to be quite high.

You think its gonna be as high as 64, or something like 61/60. It would be nice if it was 60 or 61.

@mohdstudent fair point
This is part of a spreadsheet I have for the grade boundaries on every module I'm taking. Thought I'd post it since people are just kind of throwing around vague statistics about recent years.
Original post by mohdstudent

you've cheered me up so much, please tell me you go to a private school

@MintyMilk
not being out of the ordinary is out of the ordinary, we had to use momentum for loads of questions about a fifth of people will have messed up real bad there'll deffo be low boundaries.
Original post by chemari1
not being out of the ordinary is out of the ordinary, we had to use momentum for loads of questions about a fifth of people will have messed up real bad there'll deffo be low boundaries.

Relative speed question was kind of confusing true, and so was the bullet to some extent. Maybe not high as 64, but certainly feel like its going to be 59-60 looking at it.
Reply 75
Did we have to specify the direction of the forces in the frameworks question e.g. 48N downwards
Reply 76
i dont think so as it was on the diagram, so usually if direction needed it also allows diagram which was a previous question.
Original post by chemari1
you've cheered me up so much, please tell me you go to a private school

lol nope. just an academy with bad teachers :smile:
Anyone doing Mech 3 ?
Reply 79
Yep Mech 3 tomorrow. Good luck to everyone doing it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending