The Student Room Group

English Festival - Short Story Competition Directory!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheOtherSide.
Well done on winning! :woo: :woo: :hugs:

Spoiler

And thank you! :biggrin:

:colondollar: :colondollar: :colondollar: :colondollar: No, thank YOUUU :jumphug:

Spoiler

Original post by Axel Johann
OMG I WON! :woo: :woo: :gah: :teeth:
:excited: :excited: I'M SO HAPPY HAHA :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

First off a HUGE thank you for @TheOtherSide., if she didn't tag all those people, my story would never have gotten the popularity that it did. So I am so very grateful to you @TheOtherSide. and I wish you the best in your exams :ahee:

Thank you also to @Ethereal World for tagging me in the first place :smile: (who also ninja'd my man @Hydeman)

A HUGE thanks also to everyone who voted for my story, repped and complimented me on it, YOU GUYS ARE THE BESSST!! <3 <3 Seriously, I love all you guys that are tagged :biggrin: :biggrin: :teeth:

Thank you so much @Gingerbread101 and to all the judges for picking my story to be the winner. Wuld love to speak to you guys to find out what your favourite part was :smile:

Congratulations to @etherealinsanity and @Changing Skies for winning the other prizes :smile:

:king1::king1::king1::king1::king1::king1::king1:

Thank you so much and I'll be looking forward to the next competition! :excited:

=====

Tags

I told you that you'd win! So well deserved and so chuffed for you! :hugs:
Original post by Rhythmical
I told you that you'd win! So well deserved and so chuffed for you! :hugs:

:hugs::hugs: Haha I knowww, thank you so much haha :awesome: :biggrin:
:hugs::hugs: Haha I knowww, thank you so much haha :awesome: :biggrin:

Ever considered writing as a career? :biggrin:
Ever considered writing as a career? :biggrin:

Yes I have haha! It's what I want to do as a career. I do have a book in mind to write haha, but I dunno how long that'll take me so I'm focusing on university at the moment haha. Wanna achieve AAA offer from Imperial College London to study Chemistry haha :lol: :smile:
Yes I have haha! It's what I want to do as a career. I do have a book in mind to write haha, but I dunno how long that'll take me so I'm focusing on university at the moment haha. Wanna achieve AAA offer from Imperial College London to study Chemistry haha :lol: :smile:

You'll be successful, I know it! :wink: And ooh Chemistry sounds good, I did consider writing as a career but I feel as if I've lost motivation for it.
@Axel Johann congratulations, your story was brilliant :h:
You'll be successful, I know it! :wink: And ooh Chemistry sounds good, I did consider writing as a career but I feel as if I've lost motivation for it.

Maybe you've been focusing on the wrong genre? I would recommend trying to find your motivation again, why did you want to write? To live your life vicariously through the book? To bring your characters to life? A passion for storytelling? The desire to awe people? Do you want to have fans? Who did you want to impress? To have an escape of some sorts? To create a better world that you can live in because you want to escape this one? To spice up a boring life?

Or maybe a combination of these?

I'll be sorry to hear that your motivation is gone forever so I'd recommenced searching for it again, it won't come instantly and it'll take time, but I'd say go back to basics and remember what it was that you wanted to do. There are a multitude of reasons why people write, and you got to find yours :smile:

And btw, don't let school put you down :smile:

Elvis got a C in music at school and me personally scraped Bs in both English language and English Literature at GCSE haha. So just follow your passion and let no-one put you down!

Original post by Gingerbread101
@Axel Johann congratulations, your story was brilliant :h:

Thank you!! :colondollar: :colondollar:

May I ask for your favourite part? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Maybe you've been focusing on the wrong genre? I would recommend trying to find your motivation again, why did you want to write? To live your life vicariously through the book? To bring your characters to life? A passion for storytelling? The desire to awe people? Do you want to have fans? Who did you want to impress? To have an escape of some sorts? To create a better world that you can live in because you want to escape this one? To spice up a boring life?

Or maybe a combination of these?

I'll be sorry to hear that your motivation is gone forever so I'd recommenced searching for it again, it won't come instantly and it'll take time, but I'd say go back to basics and remember what it was that you wanted to do. There are a multitude of reasons why people write, and you got to find yours :smile:

And btw, don't let school put you down :smile:

Elvis got a C in music at school and me personally scraped Bs in both English language and English Literature at GCSE haha. So just follow your passion and let no-one put you down!

Hmm it made me escape who I was and I had so many ideas and a talent for writing, I decided to write for that reason. I have no idea if I want to find it again, maybe it's the fact that I am studying essay based subjects at A Level and it is putting me off? Thanks for your kind words. :biggrin:

First off a HUGE thank you for @TheOtherSide., if she didn't tag all those people, my story would never have gotten the popularity that it did. So I am so very grateful to you @TheOtherSide. and I wish you the best in your exams :ahee:.

Thank you also to @Ethereal World for tagging me in the first place :smile: (who also ninja'd my man @Hydeman).

A HUGE thanks also to everyone who voted for my story, repped and complimented me on it, YOU GUYS ARE THE BESSST!! <3 <3 Seriously, I love all you guys that are tagged. :biggrin: :biggrin: :teeth:

Thank you so much @Gingerbread101 and to all the judges for picking my story to be the winner. I would love to speak to you guys to find out what your favourite part was. :smile:

Congratulations to @etherealinsanity and @Changing Skies for winning the other prizes. :smile:

Thank you so much and I'll be looking forward to the next competition! :excited:

Congrats on winning!!
Original post by tamanna___
Congrats on winning!!

Thank youU!!
x

Well done! You definitely deserved it!
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Well done! You definitely deserved it!

:woo: :woo:

I appreciate that haha :biggrin:
x

Congratulations! It was very, very well deserved! :biggrin: :yay:
Original post by iEthan
Congratulations! It was very, very well deserved! :biggrin: :yay:

:dance: Cheers Ethan! :biggrin: :woo:

The section where you alternated between a line of him remembering his family and preparing to be shot :cry2: your writing is very emotive :h:
well done to the winners & everyone who took part. thank you to the judging panel for taking the time to read so many entries :h:
Original post by Fox Corner
Hi everyone! The winners have now been announced in the first post. Well done to the winners @Axel Johann, @etherealinsanity and @Changing Skies! We'll be in touch about your prizes :biggrin:

It was so great to see all the literary talent in the TSR community, and we had such a blast reading all the entries. Look out for another competition soon :tongue:

Thank you! This competition was really fun and it got me away from revision and into writing for a little while, which was a nice change.

First off a HUGE thank you for @TheOtherSide., if she didn't tag all those people, my story would never have gotten the popularity that it did. So I am so very grateful to you @TheOtherSide. and I wish you the best in your exams :ahee:.

Thank you also to @Ethereal World for tagging me in the first place :smile: (who also ninja'd my man @Hydeman).

A HUGE thanks also to everyone who voted for my story, repped and complimented me on it, YOU GUYS ARE THE BESSST!! <3 <3 Seriously, I love all you guys that are tagged. :biggrin: :biggrin: :teeth:

Thank you so much @Gingerbread101 and to all the judges for picking my story to be the winner. I would love to speak to you guys to find out what your favourite part was. :smile:

Congratulations to @etherealinsanity and @Changing Skies for winning the other prizes. :smile:

Edit:
=====

Tags

Congratulations! I didn't have a chance to read your story before but I just did and it was beautifully written and very moving.
Original post by the bear
well done to the winners & everyone who took part. thank you to the judging panel for taking the time to read so many entries :h:

Original post by etherealinsanity
Congratulations! I didn't have a chance to read your story before but I just did and it was beautifully written and very moving.

:woo: I'm glad you agree with everyone else :ahee:

Oh and I started a story blog, check it out if you want :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=65036493

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending