The Student Room Group

Edexcel Chemistry (C1) Exam 19th May 2016

What do you think could come up as potential six markers in this exam? How do you revise for Science exams?
Reply 1
Original post by vik_k1
What do you think could come up as potential six markers in this exam? How do you revise for Science exams?

have no idea but hope something easy
Original post by DiaSmith

Polymers
Hydrocarbons
Original post by Unicornstar8
Polymers

Do you think it will be polymerisation or properties of polymers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by DiaSmith

Same, anything to do with the atmosphere will be great. Like how is human activity causing an increase in CO2 or something...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vik_k1

I have a feeling one of the six markers could be on the Limestone Cycle and maybe fuels and fractional distillation however I think a similar one came up last year.

I don't know really, I'm definitely hoping for the limestone cycle to be a six marker.

For revision, I normally read through revision guides, what videos on youtube (smart science do really helpful ones) and I answer plenty of past exam questions
Reply 7
Original post by navjotkaurjohal
I have a feeling one of the six markers could be on the Limestone Cycle and maybe fuels and fractional distillation however I think a similar one came up last year.

I don't know really, I'm definitely hoping for the limestone cycle to be a six marker.

For revision, I normally read through revision guides, what videos on youtube (smart science do really helpful ones) and I answer plenty of past exam questions

By limestone cycle, do you mean the processes involving thermal decomposition to turn into calcium oxide. Then adding a small amount of water to turn CaO into Ca(OH) and then adding even more water to make CaOH solution. After, adding Carbon dioxide to make CaCO3 again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vik_k1
By limestone cycle, do you mean the processes involving thermal decomposition to turn into calcium oxide. Then adding a small amount of water to turn CaO into Ca(OH) and then adding even more water to make CaOH solution. After, adding Carbon dioxide to make CaCO3 again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! I'm making sure I know what happens in each part of the limestone cycle and the different stages. I'm also learning the balanced equations and the other names given to CaO (QuickSlime) and Ca(OH)2 (2 at the end represents a smaller 2).
Reply 9
Yes! I'm making sure I know what happens in each part of the limestone cycle and the different stages. I'm also learning the balanced equations and the other names given to CaO (QuickSlime) and Ca(OH)2 (2 at the end represents a smaller 2).

Calcium hydroxide is slaked lime. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
How did everyone find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I thought it went alright and the six markers were ok, not the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vik_k1
I thought it went alright and the six markers were ok, not the best.Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. It was a decent exam. I was gutted that the 6 marker wasn't limestone cycle but they did include something about it. It's weird how the core bio and today's exam haven't been as difficult as I thought, I'm hoping Edexcel don't play a horrible twist for the additional science and triple science exams!
Reply 13
Same here. It was a decent exam. I was gutted that the 6 marker wasn't limestone cycle but they did include something about it. It's weird how the core bio and today's exam haven't been as difficult as I thought, I'm hoping Edexcel don't play a horrible twist for the additional science and triple science exams!

Same here. Physics is my weakest so I'm hoping P1 is good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending