The Student Room Group

Igcse cie chemistry 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zym
what was the empirical formula for polypropene? and why is the alloy used rather then the metal ?

Not sure on that one but i do know i did it as the previous one but i put in brackets and added n to represent the amount.
Reply 21
Original post by Abdullah IGCSE
Not sure on that one but i do know i did it as the previous one but i put in brackets and added n to represent the amount.

i did the same thing,and for the alloys i wrote that alloys are stronger and harder for the first point -although they were marked as separate points in w2015-and have higher MP and BP as a second point.
after checking i found that my second one is wrong so i am praying that i will be awarded two marks for the first one
Reply 22
Original post by Zym
what was the empirical formula for polypropene? and why is the alloy used rather then the metal ?

no matter what the value of n is the empirical formula remains......same that is CH2
Original post by laveeza
what was the answer for that transition metal question???mcq ......s only or q and s

pretty sure it was Q and S
did anyone do 41/21? found it quite easy thank god
Reply 25
wohooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :biggrin: i did that and whole of my class did s only ?!!! i convinced them about mercury being q as has iodide of red colour ??!!!!
Original post by LuvDaStudiezz
Reply 26

which country are you from ??? and what was the answer of that first question in mcqs?!

thats wrong lol..
Reply 28
thats wrong lol..

dude clear it up !!!! mercury has its iodide that is red ,melts at -36 and conducts ..........................................its a transition element
!!!:colone:
Original post by Shaly
OK seems like I got it wrong :frown:

The answer for stoichiometry was C5H10 the ratios were 2 5 10
Original post by laveeza
dude clear it up !!!! mercury has its iodide that is red ,melts at -36 and conducts ..........................................its a transition element
!!!:colone:

Lazveeza talking about mcq paper 22 lol..
Reply 31
thats wrong lol..

laugh out loud at this ..........
shit.PNG
Reply 32
Lazveeza talking about mcq paper 22 lol..

ok .ok .ok . ............i thought you were saying that the answer q nad s was wrong !!
Reply 33
Original post by chemistry igcse

yesh !!!!!!! absolutely ?!!!!
Reply 34
Original post by chemistry igcse

dude my bad actually 15 not 5
Original post by laveeza

that was the only difficulty i had with the chem paper haha i did c5h10...
Original post by laveeza

i think the grade boundaries laveeza on the mcq will be like 27ish or 28ish for an A since its the first time dividing mcqs into core and extended and this mcq was really hard compared to previous years but for theory i think i got 50ish to 60ish i think at min i got 55/80.For mcq in the high 20s maybe 27 or 29 and for alternative to practical a minimum of 49/60
Reply 37
give me a break abdullah it was the easiest !?!?!??!....................there were many things that were more difficuilt than that.........still i found that all easy and gooooooooood....ALHUMDULILAH
Reply 38
i think the grade boundaries laveeza on the mcq will be like 27ish or 28ish for an A since its the first time dividing mcqs into core and extended and this mcq was really hard compared to previous years but for theory i think i got 50ish to 60ish i think at min i got 55/80.For mcq in the high 20s maybe 27 or 29 and for alternative to practical a minimum of 49/60

ok einstein .............yo bro i think sooo ??!?!?!
Original post by laveeza
ok einstein .............yo bro i think sooo ??!?!?!

laveeza did you take paper 22 ? i only had difficulty there come on admit it was hard compared to other mcq papers...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending