The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR Core 1 (not OCR MEI) May 2016 Answers

Scroll to see replies

For the question with drawing the graph I gave the right x and y intercepts but i didnt draw a cubic graph but a quadratic then will i still get some marks? im getting really paranoid
For the question with drawing the graph I gave the right x and y intercepts but i didnt draw a cubic graph but a quadratic then will i still get some marks? im getting really paranoid
Original post by socialdissonance

you will get marks for finding the intercepts
[QUOTE="TheSurrealTV;64963845"]you will get marks for finding the intercepts[/QUOTE
thank you
Original post by socialdissonance

1 mark
Original post by Mr M
Get 1 mark out of 3.

But it was 6 marks? I correctly identified the positive x coordinate being (10,0) but I subbed in the coordinates of the centre into y-y1=m(x-x1) so how many marks would I get out of 6?
Reply 126
Hi, just wondering because I made this exact mistake, do you remember what equations you got for the lines? 😊
Hi Mr M, for the graph question if I put the correct coordinates but the wrong shaped graph how many marks would I get? Thanks
what do you think the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by Logic4Life
But it was 6 marks? I correctly identified the positive x coordinate being (10,0) but I subbed in the coordinates of the centre into y-y1=m(x-x1) so how many marks would I get out of 6?

We're talking about different questions.
Original post by ChicharitoMUFC
Hi Mr M, for the graph question if I put the correct coordinates but the wrong shaped graph how many marks would I get? Thanks

1 mark.
Hi, could you please tell me the questions to these solutions. Would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I subbed in X=3/2 into 8x^3 but worked out A wrong how many marks will I get?
I identified for q9 b^2-4ac<0 and moved everything to one side but I worked out a b and c to be wrong so the quadratic didn't work, do you think I'll get any marks at all?
Reply 134
Original post by ellaatherz
I subbed in X=3/2 into 8x^3 but worked out A wrong how many marks will I get?

4/5
Will you do a mark scheme for ocr fp1? Thanks
Questions : for 5ii will i get mark for method if I left it as 8 x 2^4/3
for 8ii can you put that at the point A the gradients are the same as it is a tangent here
Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bobby21231
Will you do a mark scheme for ocr fp1? Thanks

It's up.
Reply 138
I was getting 70 in the past papers but only got 27 in this, what grade would that be, dissapointed. Confident in As in C2 and M1
for the completing the square question I did it wrong by switching the signs to make it a positive quadratic then factorised it. will i get any marks at all for that:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending