The Student Room Group

Gcse AQA sociology unit 2 EXAM

How did you guys find the sociology paper today? Personally it was a decent paper but I made so many silly mistakes :redface: for example the question that asked to identify 2 examples of white collar crimes I accidentally said tax avoidance when I was supposed to say tax evasion... would I get the mark? Also did anyone else especially find the dependant culture question hard?? I literally had no idea what I was writing OMG :frown:
Reply 1
Oh my gosh I completely agree! I had no idea what to write for the dependant culture! I thought that the last 12 marker, the meritocracy one was kind of like a sorry from the exam board :')
I found Mass Media essay quite hard, but apart from that the test was quite nice. What do you think the grade boundaries will be for units?
Reply 3
Original post by zo26blue
Oh my gosh I completely agree! I had no idea what to write for the dependant culture! I thought that the last 12 marker, the meritocracy one was kind of like a sorry from the exam board :':wink:

Lmao what did you write for both the questions and OMG you don't understand I literally started talking nonsense for the dependency one it was bloody horrible how they worded it
Reply 4
Original post by Jack Churcher 12
I found Mass Media essay quite hard, but apart from that the test was quite nice. What do you think the grade boundaries will be for units?

Which mass media 12 marker did you do? I think the grade bundaries are going to be quite high this year because gathering what everyone else has said about it people seem to be really confident with the papers but who knows...
I just hope the grade boundaries aren't too high, don't think I used as much keywords as I should have
I did the first one (so question 15) on the paper. I think the question was along the lines of how much users influence the content in mass media, I think.
Reply 7
Do you remember any of the questions from the paper 2 sociology gcse exam ?? It would really help me out
Original post by Hcjdbd
Do you remember any of the questions from the paper 2 sociology gcse exam ?? It would really help me out

what is meant by a depedency culture?
What is meant by the chivary thesis
Two examples of white collar crime
one way sociologist measure crime
one way the goverement have tried to reduce crime from young offenders in the last 20 yrs
16 markers
crimes commited in the uk have changed in the last 50 yrs
Negative labelling leads to criminal and deviant behaviour by wider society within young people

two ways mass media encourage people to be violent
what is meant by a gatekeeper
one way mass media can cause moral panic
Original post by hadiqah20
what is meant by a depedency culture?
What is meant by the chivary thesis
Two examples of white collar crime
one way sociologist measure crime
one way the goverement have tried to reduce crime from young offenders in the last 20 yrs
16 markers
crimes commited in the uk have changed in the last 50 yrs
Negative labelling leads to criminal and deviant behaviour by wider society within young people

two ways mass media encourage people to be violent
what is meant by a gatekeeper
one way mass media can cause moral panic

Hope this helpsx
Original post by Taahira_
How did you guys find the sociology paper today? Personally it was a decent paper but I made so many silly mistakes :redface: for example the question that asked to identify 2 examples of white collar crimes I accidentally said tax avoidance when I was supposed to say tax evasion... would I get the mark? Also did anyone else especially find the dependant culture question hard?? I literally had no idea what I was writing OMG :frown:

Tax avoidance is fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending