The Student Room Group

are you supposed to say thank you in exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by homeland.lsw
Gosh I wouldn't wink at my inviligators :puke:

if you are wearing your school cap you could doff it politely :yep:
I just acknowledge them or maybe mouth the thanks or just smile.
Original post by cambio wechsel
I sometimes as well thank the ATM.

With people queuing behind you? Hope to see this one day.
I say you're welcome and smile when they take my paper. But i wouldn't thank them, no unless they gave me a calculator or something as I'd forgotten mine or I was early and they were handing my a test.
Don't forget to write 'thank you' on your exam paper too.
On last years Physics paper, I wrote 'NO TIME!!!' at the end. Quite rude of me...
My school and sixth form put the paper on my desk before I get there...

I thank them whrn they give stationery and extra paper though
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by the bear
a cheeky wink is acceptable :yep:

I used to put a bit of make up on before my GCSE exams because there was a very attractive invigilator :colondollar:
Original post by EricPiphany
On last years Physics paper, I wrote 'NO TIME!!!' at the end. Quite rude of me...

I put one or two smiley faces here and there. Make them like you, make them want to give you marks
I usually just smile or whisper a thankyou when they put or pick up something from the desk.. Mainly due to habit i guess you can say thanks if you want to
i jus ask my question out load lol

its just a habit, even in mocks

my whispering is just.. no one can understand me LOL
i say thanks when they give me a paper or sorry if I'm still writing when they are trying to take the pair away from me ah they get quite annoyed

I remember writing "sorry" on my Chemistry GCSE paper :s-smilie: still managed to come out with an A but it wasn't one of my finest moments
Original post by socialdisaster
I remember writing "sorry" on my Chemistry GCSE paper :s-smilie: still managed to come out with an A but it wasn't one of my finest moments

I would've written 'sorry, but this is your job'.
I would've written 'sorry, but this is your job'.

You're supposed to make them like you! I wasn't confident enough :wink:
Original post by celloel
ok this is the dumbest question i have ever asked

but are you supposed to say thank you to invigilators in exams? i had an AS exam yesterday and the invigilator hovered next to me after giving the exam out until i whispered 'thanks'. i'm not sure if she was just stood there, or if she was actually waiting for me to thank her.

You're meant to say **** off
I just smile
I don't speak to invigilators but i make their job a tiny easier by giving my exam and insert sheets in their hand
Reply 36
Original post by claireestelle
I never thanked them so i dont think its something you re supposed to do.

I agree because you don't thank satan for sending you to hell

Quick Reply

Latest