The Student Room Group

National 5 History Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A12322
Hey, Good Luck for tomorrow! Could you share some notes on the Slave Trade? I'm doing National 5 :smile:

Thanks a lot!

I'll pm u them one minute.
I'm willing to go over stuff right now if people are willing to go over all the information in The era of the Great War. I'll start off by discussing recruitment and work my way through to 'Homes Fit for Heroes'
Can you send me your era of the Great War notes ?
I was going to type them all on here haha. Just because it's revision for me and it's better than a picture.
Reply 24
Original post by SocialStudiesETC
I'm willing to go over stuff right now if people are willing to go over all the information in The era of the Great War. I'll start off by discussing recruitment and work my way through to 'Homes Fit for Heroes'

YES please!

Go over it!

Edit lol nvm just read the last bit :P
(edited 7 years ago)
Okay, we begin with recruitment.

Recruitment

Britain's army was very small when in comparison with other foreign countries. As soon as the war began, the Government began to unravel it's recruitment campaign. Leading this campaign was Lord Kitchener, the man fit to see the largest growth of military force in one year ever recorded.

Propaganda was everywhere. All across Scotland and the rest of Britain, young men of all types were encouraged to join the army and support the country. Often, people were made to feel guilty if they had second thoughts about enrolling for the army; this was inflicted through patriotism and honour. You cannot get much more Scottish than tartan and kilts and cult history, so it was clear that Kitchener would make this clear in his propaganda and make people feel nationalistic. The campaign was a massive success and can be directly linked towards Britain's success in WW1.
I think we should discuss after I put the topic up if anyone would like to add anything else, the more information the merrier :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Emmaj2000
Is anyone doing Hitler and Nazi Germany? Please message me if you can offer any help including why the Weimar Government was weak. Thank you!

I am. It was weak because of PR which led to coalitions and the public wanted a storing leadership like they had under the Kaiser. HTH. Good luck!
Reply 29
Soooo...
How did everyone find it? I found it quite nice and the essay question for era of the great war wasn't too bad
It was really good, fair paper and I'm confident of it.
Original post by Puppo
Soooo...
How did everyone find it? I found it quite nice and the essay question for era of the great war wasn't too bad

What did you talk about for that question?
Can I lose marks for bullet pointing my reasons in explain questions?
I done WW1, WW2 and the slave trade.

It wasn't too bad. WW2 towards the end was a little meh, But overall I thought it was okay.
Original post by Philip7896543
Can I lose marks for bullet pointing my reasons in explain questions?

I'm not sure, however, I'd say it's more to do with how you answer the question.
I'm not sure, however, I'd say it's more to do with how you answer the question.

Okay that's good then, thanks
Anyone here do the Russian Revolution? Slave trade was a gift
Reply 38
Original post by A+Hunter
What did you talk about for that question?

I spoke about rationing and the womens land army. I did a para on industry like jute and fishing and another para on the rent strikes. What about you?
Original post by Puppo
I spoke about rationing and the womens land army. I did a para on industry like jute and fishing and another para on the rent strikes. What about you?

I talked about death and loss of loved ones. Then I talked about the lower wages. Then I talked about the women taking men's roles in society

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending