The Student Room Group

The Official OCR English Literature H072/H472 Predictions and Discussion Thread (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Any tips how to analyse Hamlet quotes I find it sooo hard :s-smilie:
Original post by iamlucy
18/30 is nothing to worry about - in fact that's what I usually get too, just one time I managed to become Shakespeare and write a good essay :wink: I'm so glad you think the same!! You've hit the nail on the head - the panic about remembering quotes means that when you get in the exam and it's a theme or character you're not as well rehearsed with, you panic!

Are you taking it next year?

I know, I think it's so scary and I will have to make up any sort of rubbish plus the books are not in modern English so the thought of translating them is so :mad: like one slip up and you're screwed. I reckon if I get 21/30 and 23/30 then I should be okay to get a C and that's all I want for now, no point trying to think and exceed this right now although I could prove myself wrong. I wonder if the marks/grades will be collected from both exams and then it is averaged out based on the two marks? I will be better at the second exam definitely.

And yes providing I get an E and above, I will be taking it next year too as I haven't just wasted a whole year doing a hard subject to leave after AS. You?
(edited 7 years ago)
What are your predictions for The Tempest?
Original post by Lauren Bellis

Like I've mentioned previously, the specimen paper had questions on Prospero and love and the theme could be romance/lovers connected to Ferdinand and Miranda. Perhaps how lovers are presented and whether or not Shakespeare utilises the theme of love to restore the peace and feud between Prospero and Alonso/Antonio etc.
I have high hopes for either Hamlet or Claudius. Any others would be really hard in terms for Contextual marks.
Original post by Natashja
Any tips how to analyse Hamlet quotes I find it sooo hard :s-smilie:

This! Someone help!
Original post by xJaayyy
I have high hopes for either Hamlet or Claudius. Any others would be really hard in terms for Contextual marks.

Doubt Claudius will come up as it came up on specimen but never know !
Original post by Natashja
Doubt Claudius will come up as it came up on specimen but never know !

Yeah it may give us a different theme for him though. Don't we get two options anyway?
Does anyone have any revision notes/planning/structure tips/predictions basically anything for hamlet and maud?? Ive had philosophy today and have done nothing so im fukd please help xxx
Original post by xJaayyy
Yeah it may give us a different theme for him though. Don't we get two options anyway?

Yes thank god ahha :biggrin:
Original post by Lauren Bellis
Caliban has come up in the past, I think Ariel is a possibility for the character one as she hasn't come up. They might be nice as this being the new spec and do Prospero which is great one to answer.
Original post by yasminnur12
Caliban has come up in the past, I think Ariel is a possibility for the character one as she hasn't come up. They might be nice as this being the new spec and do Prospero which is great one to answer.

I can tell Prospero won't be on it, he was in the specimen paper and it's too obvious. Ariel/Miranda is likely to come up. I wouldn't be surprised if they ask us about Stephano/Trinculo/Caliban. Okay I am so scared! :cry:
Don't know if you guys will see/read this but GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR EXAM TOMORROW! :biggrin: We can do this and show OCR whose boss. If we all do **** then they have to lower the grade boundaries lol (praying they do!) Don't panic and just finish up your final revision and have a break and calm down.

GOOD LUCK! :smile:
if it makes you feel any better OCR emailed my english teacher and said that they would be marking with an 'open mind,' which suggests they're going to be lenient marking...
Original post by Rhythmical
Don't know if you guys will see/read this but GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR EXAM TOMORROW! :biggrin: We can do this and show OCR whose boss. If we all do **** then they have to lower the grade boundaries lol (praying they do!) Don't panic and just finish up your final revision and have a break and calm down.

GOOD LUCK! :smile:

Lool i'm literally ****ed for today's exam, unless a question on Hamlet's inability to act or women come up then bye... time for my death bed
Original post by lauren_mh
Lool i'm literally ****ed for today's exam, unless a question on Hamlet's inability to act or women come up then bye... time for my death bed

:cry: I got just over five hours sleep and I am so ill.

Original post by holyromanemperor
if it makes you feel any better OCR emailed my english teacher and said that they would be marking with an 'open mind,' which suggests they're going to be lenient marking...

That sounds so nice lol. Let's hope it's true.
:cry: I got just over five hours sleep and I am so ill.

That sounds so nice lol. Let's hope it's true.

I also study Paradise Lost Books 9 and 10, my life is a shambles
I also study Paradise Lost Books 9 and 10, my life is a shambles

I must be so screwed then. You will be fine. If you guys screw up then we will all have amazing grades as the boundaries will be so low haha.
I must be so screwed then. You will be fine. If you guys screw up then we will all have amazing grades as the boundaries will be so low haha.

Please everyone, take one for the team and all do **** looool
Please everyone, take one for the team and all do **** looool

Man I'm excited for the one next week, that one is way easier and the texts are much more nicer to read and they aren't from hundreds of years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest