The Student Room Group

English literature OCR F661- May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amykate06
what did you get last year ?!

I got a B in Yeats and D in Frankenstein so overall C :/ Wish I could just retake Frankenstein!! I've also changed colleges so im doing AQA for A2. I'm just gunna work super hard for A2 incase i don't improve will be over the moon with a B! What about you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ShahnyeSaidy
I got a B in Yeats and D in Frankenstein so overall C :/ Wish I could just retake Frankenstein!! I've also changed colleges so im doing AQA for A2. I'm just gunna work super hard for A2 incase i don't improve will be over the moon with a B! What about you?

I don't know what I got for the separate sections -how did you find that out? I got a C overall too though! Ahhh, I'm doing WJEC for A2 so I'm going to do the exact same!! Feel much more confident for A2 a swell
I don't know what I got for the separate sections -how did you find that out? I got a C overall too though! Ahhh, I'm doing WJEC for A2 so I'm going to do the exact same!! Feel much more confident for A2 a swell

thats just what it said on results day (emailed) may have been a different lay out! what the heck is that sounds so complicated haha! The new novels I'm doing are Northanger Abbey, Wuthering Heights and Macbeth. I've had to pretty much teach myself NA and Macbeth since my class are doing Frankenstein and W.H and Faustus - I can't do their two novels because I did Frankenstein! :frown:
Original post by ShahnyeSaidy
thats just what it said on results day (emailed) may have been a different lay out! what the heck is that sounds so complicated haha! The new novels I'm doing are Northanger Abbey, Wuthering Heights and Macbeth. I've had to pretty much teach myself NA and Macbeth since my class are doing Frankenstein and W.H and Faustus - I can't do their two novels because I did Frankenstein! :frown:

aww that's awful!! WJEC is a Welsh exam board hahaha... They're pretty much doing our exam this year for A2 though cause they did two books for the exam last year. So this year it's unseen poetry and then King Lear and Oedipus Rex!:frown:
aww that's awful!! WJEC is a Welsh exam board hahaha... They're pretty much doing our exam this year for A2 though cause they did two books for the exam last year. So this year it's unseen poetry and then King Lear and Oedipus Rex!:frown:

Ohh my friends from my old college are doing King Lear! Good luck!!
I'm doing Jane Eyre and Yeats. Does anyone have any predictions for the topic the Jane Eyre question will be on, I'm really hoping it will be on Bertha Mason
Original post by K W
Resit also doing Frakenstein and Yeats. Feeling pretty good about it, anyone have a prediction on what poem will come up?

osted from TSR Mobile

The top predictions are The Fisherman, September 1913, An Irish Airman foresees his death and The cat and the moon. Its unlikely to be Easter 1916 or Among School Children because they are too long!
Original post by lottieimmy
I'm doing Jane Eyre and Yeats. Does anyone have any predictions for the topic the Jane Eyre question will be on, I'm really hoping it will be on Bertha Mason

do you have any notes on Bertha I could use?? literally have none :s-smilie: I think it might be on St John though!
do you have any notes on Bertha I could use?? literally have none :s-smilie: I think it might be on St John though!

I literally just have a revision guide but if you google analysis on Bertha Mason some good stuff comes up
Original post by lottieimmy
I literally just have a revision guide but if you google analysis on Bertha Mason some good stuff comes up

thank you!
those questions were so good!! how did everyone do?
those questions were so good!! how did everyone do?

I;m not sure! Wasn't expecting Stolen Child - What did you write for Yeats?
Reply 32
Did anyone do Yeats & Dorian Gray? I did the "Too selfish to be a hero" question. How did you find it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alicec11
I;m not sure! Wasn't expecting Stolen Child - What did you write for Yeats?

I love stolen child so I was happy it came up!! I wrote about him presenting fantasy through idyllic imagery and the hyperbolic language, lyrical tone etc. And how it juxtaposes the harsh reality of the adult world of politics and for context how he was inspired by Blake's songs of innocence and songs of experience, the Nationalism and British rule in Ireland and the inclusion of Paganism/Romanticism. And made links to Fisherman, Second Coming, Easter 1916, Sept 1913, Broken Dreams and Wild Swans at Coole.

What did you write??
Original post by nia_d1
Did anyone do Yeats & Dorian Gray? I did the "Too selfish to be a hero" question. How did you find it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't do Yeats but I did do that question for Dorian Gray! I thought that they were both great questions but I'm not sure I put enough context in.. how did you find it?:smile:
Did anyone else do Edward Thomas? Or Dorian Gray?
Reply 36
Original post by elizabella
I didn't do Yeats but I did do that question for Dorian Gray! I thought that they were both great questions but I'm not sure I put enough context in.. how did you find it?:smile:

Yeah the exam was really fair! So happy! I'm sure you'll do great. I found it really good, I only used 2 critics though!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 37
Any one know of good revision material for the English literature exam on Monday for 'Of Mice and men' and 'An Inspector Calls'? Anything will do, I just want to revise something outside of doing all the past papers I can get my hands on.
Original post by elizabella
Did anyone else do Edward Thomas? Or Dorian Gray?

I did Edward Thomas! thought it was an odd choice of poem! how did you find it?
Original post by EFH050598
I did Edward Thomas! thought it was an odd choice of poem! how did you find it?

what was the edward thomas poem?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending