The Student Room Group

Latin Language GCSE Tomorrow ... Revision?

Hey, I started Latin last year as an extra GCSE so I haven't been learning it for as long! What should I revise apart from vocabulary so I can get a decent grade (currently getting A's would like an A*) xx Thanks in advance :smile: xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is eactly the same as me! I havent done any revision though... Think ill do a practise paper now and som vocab on quizlet?
Original post by Crobby
This is eactly the same as me! I havent done any revision though... Think ill do a practise paper now and som vocab on quizlet?

http://www.memrise.com/course/485997/ocr-latin-gcse-higherfoundation-words/

I made it, and it is AMAZING, honestly. It has all the words and is a lot quicker than quizlet
Reply 3
Original post by The-Hof123
http://www.memrise.com/course/485997/ocr-latin-gcse-higherfoundation-words/

I made it, and it is AMAZING, honestly. It has all the words and is a lot quicker than quizlet

Thank you so much! I only just saw this but ill definately use it for the next exam on fri!
Original post by Crobby
Thank you so much! I only just saw this but ill definately use it for the next exam on fri!

How's it going??? XD
Reply 5
How's it going??? XD

Aah i dont know! I hadnt realised how much harder the lang 2 was! Wbu?
Original post by Crobby
Aah i dont know! I hadnt realised how much harder the lang 2 was! Wbu?

I knew it was a lot harder XD
Reply 7
I knew it was a lot harder XD

How did you find language 2? I thought it was quite hard :frown: xx
Original post by abc_123_
How did you find language 2? I thought it was quite hard :frown: xx

Defo, like some of the words I'd never even seen before :frown:
Reply 9
Defo, like some of the words I'd never even seen before :frown:

Yeah and there were so many participles :frown: xxx Do you think the grade boundaries will stay the same? xx Hope you get the result you wanted tho :smile: xx
Yeah and there were so many participles :frown: xxx Do you think the grade boundaries will stay the same? xx Hope you get the result you wanted tho :smile: xx

Oh dear, I forgot about participles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I bloody well hope they're low, I mean Prose on tuesday is gonna bring my grade down too, and thanks you too
I'm doing Caesar, Cicero, and Tacitus for the prose, I can't remember any of it, and we were originially taught Cicero and Livy, but then 2 weeks ago we found out we got taught the wrong things!!! XD
Reply 12
Oh dear, I forgot about participles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I bloody well hope they're low, I mean Prose on tuesday is gonna bring my grade down too, and thanks you too

What are you doing for Prose and Verse? I have Ovid and Catullus (for Verse) and Pliny for Prose if you want you can use my stuff on quizlet although they don't have notes they have the translations xx
Tbh with the participles I guessed based on the context I completely forgot too :smile: xx
What are you doing for Prose and Verse? I have Ovid and Catullus (for Verse) and Pliny for Prose if you want you can use my stuff on quizlet although they don't have notes they have the translations xx
Tbh with the participles I guessed based on the context I completely forgot too :smile: xx

Yeah, thing is, I've got english lit on monday and physics on wednesday, so I can't try to remember all the prose, I've got like 5 set texts :frown:
Reply 14
Yeah, thing is, I've got english lit on monday and physics on wednesday, so I can't try to remember all the prose, I've got like 5 set texts :frown:

Same xx I've got English Lit on Monday and Friday (AQA) and my first Physics exam on Wednesday (OCR). I found that quizlet helped me to learn the set texts but different methods help for different people. Hope you manage okay in the exam :smile: xx Good luck xx
Reply 15
Same xx I've got English Lit on Monday and Friday (AQA) and my first Physics exam on Wednesday (OCR). I found that quizlet helped me to learn the set texts but different methods help for different people. Hope you manage okay in the exam :smile: xx Good luck xx

Yeah thats exactly the sane as me! but i have drama at the same time as latin on tuesday so i have to do them consecutively! :frown: And drama is so hardd

Im doing pliny and virgil x
Reply 16
Original post by Crobby
Yeah thats exactly the sane as me! but i have drama at the same time as latin on tuesday so i have to do them consecutively! :frown: And drama is so hardd

Im doing pliny and virgil x

Aww good luck for that :smile: xx I have my first geography exam on same day as Prose and first maths exam on same day as Verse luckily at different times!!

I would never be able to do drama it seems like a lot of effort xx Hope you do well tho :smile: x
Reply 17

Im doing Pliny Ovid and Catullus too!! 👊🏼 which do you prefer prose or verse?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by dance25
Im doing Pliny Ovid and Catullus too!! 👊🏼 which do you prefer prose or verse?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't like Ovid it's so long to learn but I quite like Catullus's poems (especially Odi et Amo) I thought that the Death of Pliny was interesting nearer the end but otherwise preferred the Verse. Wbu? xx
Reply 19

Im doing pliny too! Do you have any notes or language stuff by any chance? I have none!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending