The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton

Which Halls have a Restaurant in them?

I am planning in getting Self-Catered, but I think it would be a good advantage to have a close by restaurant in case there is heavy rain or I don't feel like loosing time to go far away to a restaurant.

Which halls have a restaurant then?

Also, do you think that this is a good idea or are there any other points I am missing.

Thank you very much!!
Reply 1
I don't think any halls have a "restaurant" in them as such. City Gateway has a Subway and a little corner shop at the ground floor. Mayflower has a similar corner shop as well.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Reply 2
Original post by 3enrique
I am planning in getting Self-Catered, but I think it would be a good advantage to have a close by restaurant in case there is heavy rain or I don't feel like loosing time to go far away to a restaurant.

Also, do you think that this is a good idea or are there any other points I am missing.

Thank you very much!!

Most accomodation is quite close to some form of food or easily a bus ride away :smile: But, some people may look for variation or a particular type of food. Also, most places will also deliver too especially as lots of students get food in. Most places ask for about a £10 spend.

Glen Eyre halls is closest to campus (about 12 minute walk/ 5 minute sprint) where there are lots of places to grab food. Theres also burgess road which is just off Highfield campus (so about a 10 min walk) has a sainsburys local, dominos, a few chinese takeaways and kebab places. However, there is nothing really close to Glen at all.

Wessex Lane is near one or two independent takeaways and also a Mcdonalds. It's got catered and self catered places. It's probably a 20 minute walk to burgess road.

Mayflower is in the city centre so you either need to walk to the west quay shopping centre (not too far about a 10 min walk) for a range of places to eat. Mcdonalds, KFC, handmade burger, yo sushi, costa, pizza hut etc. Or, there is a co-op which is just downstairs open until 11pm.

Archers is halfway between mayflower and campus. It is off a main road so not many places but there is a dominos and a couple of takeaways about a 10 min walk.

These are the ones where I am familiar with the area but there is city gateaway, liberty point etc.

Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by 3enrique

Thank you very much!!

Connaught has a restaurant and is next to Monte/Wessex Lane self catered halls.

I'd say email the catering people to find out if you can use the restaurant if you're paying per meal instead of part catered: http://catering.southampton.ac.uk/Halls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending