The Student Room Group

GCSE P.E. Moderation Results?!

Scroll to see replies

Can someone please tell me roughly what I need to get a B/A?
I got 42/50 in my practical and 19/20 in my AOP.
Original post by vindulo20
Yeah sure, do you know your mark from your practical and can you just confirm that you are doing GCSE Edexcel PE.

I am on edexcel yes and i got 32/40 for the sports and then on the analysis of erformance i got 15/20, thank you
Well firstly that it is a pretty impressive mark. I got a B1 in my mock and would have got an A* has my practical was 49/50. I would never be able to get that mark in theory.

The mark that you got was full UMS marks and so you grade would not have improved if you got higher then that. If your practical grade was 40/50 and you got that score you would have got an A.... So basically you would have been one mark off an A.

This is probably going to piss you off however it is still possible to get an A overall. This can be done if the grade boundaries go down and I personally believe it will (looking at my school's mock grades and other grades in the local community as a sample).

My advice is that you go and smash that exam, like the mock, and hope that people find it hard so grade boundaries drop.

So, let's say I get an 80% or A* equivalent in the theory exam, is the only way to get an overall A* to get more than 45/50 for the practical? (I don't know my practical grades atm)
Original post by TheLimited
Can someone please tell me roughly what I need to get a B/A?
I got 42/50 in my practical and 19/20 in my AOP.

I thought the sports were out of 40? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blueribbons99
I thought the sports were out of 40? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was told it was out of fifty and that I got 42 soo.
I was told it was out of fifty and that I got 42 soo.

How many sports did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys,

According to last years boundaries, u needed a 60/80 for an A* in theory and 47/50 in practical............
Original post by blueribbons99
How many sports did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

4 sports but I was still told it was 42/50
4 sports but I was still told it was 42/50

Hmm maybe that was your overall practical grade with AOP I dunno?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAspireToSucceed
Hi everyone, Firstly, I am in year 11 doing Edexcel P.E. and got my moderation results back where I got 39/50, which is apparently a C!! I am so upset, I thought I did really well and worked SO hard to get 9s and 10s out of 10... my teacher definitely marked me down, because I don't think she likes me because I am quite quiet in P.E. because I always thought everyone else was better than me.
I deserved 9s and 10s out of 10. :-(

That is 60% of my GCSE Grade! And the paper this summer is 40%.

What is the highest grade I could get...? I want to get a B or A now at least.

Also best way to revise for this paper? I need to do well.

So grateful for any replies!! Xxx

this is the exact same situation as i have. however i got 40 which is still a C. im aiming for no c's on my results but i dont know if i can achieve that now
Original post by asd.987
So, let's say I get an 80% or A* equivalent in the theory exam, is the only way to get an overall A* to get more than 45/50 for the practical? (I don't know my practical grades atm)

If you got 80% on theory, you can 46/50 in practical for an A* overall

Heya did you work out my practical?:smile: 32/40 and 15/20 ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well firstly that it is a pretty impressive mark. I got a B1 in my mock and would have got an A* has my practical was 49/50. I would never be able to get that mark in theory.

The mark that you got was full UMS marks and so you grade would not have improved if you got higher then that. If your practical grade was 40/50 and you got that score you would have got an A.... So basically you would have been one mark off an A.

This is probably going to piss you off however it is still possible to get an A overall. This can be done if the grade boundaries go down and I personally believe it will (looking at my school's mock grades and other grades in the local community as a sample).

My advice is that you go and smash that exam, like the mock, and hope that people find it hard so grade boundaries drop.

Hey, I got 45/50 overall in my practical (60%) going into the exam tomorrow, could you work out how many marks out of the 80 I would need to get for a B or a C in total in the theory based on recent grade boundaries, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Okay thanks. It's so tough to get an A* in P.E....
Anyone!!!!??? I got 45/50 overall in my practical (60%) going into the exam tomorrow, could you work out how many marks out of the 80 I would need to get for a B or a C in total in the theory based on recent grade boundaries, I would appreciate it. Thanks
Reply 35
i got 50/50 in practical and i need 20 marks for a B and 40 for an A and around 56 for an A*
Reply 36
i got 50/50 in practical and i need 20 marks for a B and 40 for an A and around 56 for an A*
Original post by tomhn
Looks like someone's got it easy then :biggrin:
Sorry i didn't see this before the exam, i thought the exam went quitee well but i don't want to comment that much on it because I don't want to jinx it but everyone in my school seemed pretty okay with it
How did you find it?
Reply 39
In my practical I got 10, 10, 10 and 9 with full marks in my AOP, what score would I get overall for my practical?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest