The Student Room Group

WJEC ICT - Unit 1 / Wednesday 28th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PixelatedOwl
What did you guys put for the "give two other uses of DTP software?"

I found this question really tricky so I made up some weird stuff like I put leaflets and magazines?? But that's wrong I think it was tickets or something
I also put information and true, And for the DTP one i put sign up forms and leaflets
I always think i've done well in these until i get my results back. Need an A in both units
to get an A* overall
Reply 23
I put flyers and emails? The wording of the questions just confused me like mad
Original post by Emaan_ahmed
Same that's what I had put. Hopefully it's correct

Knowledge and false but I think I'm wrong for the first one :frown:
I was thinking of tickets! In the end I put a form for fundraising and a catalogue of goods... Fingers crossed. What an awful question.
Reply 26
I put a plan of the setup of stalls and a catalogue price list xD I messed up that question
Reply 27
Do you guys think they'd accept PowerPoint and word for the first question? And does anyone know the grade boundaries for last year? :smile:
Original post by SkyeAmber
Do you guys think they'd accept PowerPoint and word for the first question? And does anyone know the grade boundaries for last year? :smile:

Don't think so. They always say not to use brands. It was 74 for an A* last year, hopefully lower for us!
Yeah they tend to prefer 'technical vocab'. Do you guys take this subject as a p*sstake btw cos at my school we get laughed at for doing a subject which 'isn't real' even our teacher thinks it's a joke
Reply 30
Original post by Demarco101
Yeah they tend to prefer 'technical vocab'. Do you guys take this subject as a p*sstake btw cos at my school we get laughed at for doing a subject which 'isn't real' even our teacher thinks it's a joke

In my school I get laughed at for picking Latin 😂. Lots of people pick IT in mine
Original post by yeezyb
In my school I get laughed at for picking Latin 😂. Lots of people pick IT in mine

You're kidding that's literally hilarious. My school is so academic about half the year do latin or greek. There's 10 of us doing ICT and two dropped out after getting Ds in mocks
Reply 32
You're kidding that's literally hilarious. My school is so academic about half the year do latin or greek. There's 10 of us doing ICT and two dropped out after getting Ds in mocks

Oh my god what school is this!? Where can I sign up??

There are exactly 6 of us taking Latin in our school and half aren't even doing Latin literature next year.
Original post by yeezyb
Oh my god what school is this!? Where can I sign up??

It's pretty great but everyone is so high achieving it hurts, it's a b*tchy all girls school in London
You guys got to choose ICT?? For us it's compulsory 😳😳
You guys got to choose ICT?? For us it's compulsory 😳😳

It's my biggest regret choosing ict hahah. what have you guys got in your controlled assessments
It's my biggest regret choosing ict hahah. what have you guys got in your controlled assessments

I got full marks thank god! So even if I mess up this test there's still a chance I'll get an a*
I got full marks thank god! So even if I mess up this test there's still a chance I'll get an a*

Ugh i'm so jealous, i got 78 on one and 76 on the other
Reply 39
I think I got A's in both of my controlled assessments? And is the 74 for an A* including marks from unit 1 and unit 3 combined together?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending