The Student Room Group

To tell her or not?

I've met a girl I really like. She has a boyfriend. Should I tell her that I like her?

Scroll to see replies

No. Stay away for your own good and her and her boyfriend's.
Nope. She has a partner.

Stick to internet videos :wink:
Reply 3
It's up to you but keep in mind that it may not end with her leaving her boyfriend to be with you.
Reply 4
Original post by Biryani007
No. Stay away for your own good and her and her boyfriend's.

On the one hand I see what you mean, but surely it's a compliment to know someone likes you a lot?
Reply 5
Don't destroy their relationship if they may not feel the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by zmack
It's up to you but keep in mind that it may not end with her leaving her boyfriend to be with you.

Of course! That's not my aim. I'm just someone who is very open with people regarding how I feel about them. But in this case, I don't know if it's the right situation to be honest in.
Reply 7
Original post by shan234
Don't destroy their relationship if they may not feel the same

Posted from TSR Mobile

If she doesn't feel the same, how would it destroy her relationship?

And if she does feel the same, and wants to split up with her boyfriend, then she's an adult and can make her own decisions.. and in this case it would mean she's not happy with him anyway?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
On the one hand I see what you mean, but surely it's a compliment to know someone likes you a lot?

Yeah but it wont make a difference, you wont date. You'll have just put her in an awkward position
Just don't get involved man. They're already in a relationship. Like please just don't :colonhash:
Original post by Aykem
Yeah but it wont make a difference, you wont date. You'll have just put her in an awkward position

Personally, if I was in a relationship, and a friend liked me in that way, I'd appreciate the honesty. It wouldn't change my own relationship if I was happy in it (if I wasn't I wouldn't be in it anyway). I think hiding how you feel about someone is kinda weird :/
Reply 11
Personally, if I was in a relationship, and a friend liked me in that way, I'd appreciate the honesty. It wouldn't change my own relationship if I was happy in it (if I wasn't I wouldn't be in it anyway). I think hiding how you feel about someone is kinda weird :/

No matter how you justify, you're gonna be the bad guy here. I understand where you're coming from but I don't believe that you're not holding out hope for her to reciprocate your feelings... if you are gonna tell her any way, its gonna have to be from perspective that you dont have any expectation and just want to get it off your chest. Still, I'd avoid the drama and general homewrecker-implications :s-smilie:
Original post by Aykem
No matter how you justify, you're gonna be the bad guy here. I understand where you're coming from but I don't believe that you're not holding out hope for her to reciprocate your feelings... if you are gonna tell her any way, its gonna have to be from perspective that you dont have any expectation and just want to get it off your chest. Still, I'd avoid the drama and general homewrecker-implications :s-smilie:

I'm somewhat persuaded. Perhaps I'll just tell her I've really enjoyed hanging out and would like to keep in touch.
Reply 13
I'm somewhat persuaded. Perhaps I'll just tell her I've really enjoyed hanging out and would like to keep in touch.

Probably a better idea :smile:

That's a better idea, she is a no go the fact that she has a boyfriend.
Everyone always wants what is not theirs...

If i was you, i would ask her out, and if she says yes! go for it.
and if she says no, expect a black eye.

tbh, idk do what u want. don't blame me later.
Probably not. It wouldn't make a difference. Her b/f would probably try to pick a fight with you. If you know she is alright taken, why would you tell her real feelings as if she'll say yes , dump her current b/f, and come running to you? Its not impossible but it isn't unknown she has a b/f. That's a sign that most likely mean she's not interested. Can't you just appreciate the times you spent in her presence?

And what if she's not interested in you? Are you going to avoid her altogether? She'll feel awkward and probably avoid you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SmileyVibe
Probably not. It wouldn't make a difference. Her b/f would probably try to pick a fight with you. If you know she is alright taken, why would you tell her real feelings as if she'll say yes , dump her current b/f, and come running to you? Its not impossible but it isn't unknown she has a b/f. That's a sign that most likely mean she's not interested. Can't you just appreciate the times you spent in her presence?

And what if she's not interested in you? Are you going to avoid her altogether? She'll feel awkward and probably avoid you.

It would make a difference in that it's nice to know if someone likes you, and I wouldn't be hiding then, so it's up to her if she still wants to hang out after that.

If her boyfriend would fight me because of that, her boyfriend is an idiot.

I don't even think I'd want her to dump her current, I mean, if someone breaks off a relationship and jumps in with someone else, it's probably not the type of person I want to be with anyway.

Her having a boyfriend doesn't necessarily mean she's not interested, there's all kinds of other factors.

I do appreciate the time we spend together, a whole lot. :smile:

If I told her, which I'm probably not going to, of course I wouldn't avoid her. It wouldn't be any more awkward for me, in fact it would be less awkward. And if she found it awkward, and I don't think she's the type of person who would, then yeah, that would suck.
I wouldn't do that if I were you.

I mean, if she was single, it would be fine. But she already has a boyfriend, so, seriously, just leave it. It'll just create a lot of unnecessary tension.
Reply 19
I don't think it will make any difference, its not like in the movies where the boy like a girl but she has a boyfriend but then when he tells her he likes her she leaves he boyfriend to be with him. It doesn't work like that, I told a boy I liked him when he was in relationships through school/college (Only 2) and it never changed a thing, we remained friends throughout school/college but nothing ever happened where he left them for me or anything like that.

She's just not the right one, give it time, you'll be fine :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending