The Student Room Group

Land Economy - 2017 Applicants

Interested in the subject in Land Economy due to its disciplinary nature with the mixture of law and economics, I have decided to apply for Land Economy in the year of 2017. It's about time for the Land Economy applicants to start their own thread this year. :redface:
So does anyone think of any colleges preferences? What other unis are you applying for? Welcome and open to opinions from Land Economists in cambridge to talk about suggestions and strategies to apply for the subject...:colondollar:
Congrats to your cambridge offer! :colondollar:

So actually I wanna ask, do I need to prepare much reading materials? I have been reading books about urban development and valuations, as well as law (sometimes economics...). I have also been viewing the newspaper articles abt UK property issues, as well as the legal issues involved in it. Dunno whether preparing these materials are enough...? Are there any tips to apply for Land Economy...?
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks for your reply.:smile::smile:
I am going to do an extended essay (IB) about the influence of property prices once a particular transportation facility is built. Also, I am going to do an internship in a solicitor firm. Dunno whether it's okay...?

After looking at the Q&A section, it is a concern for me of writing the 'additional statement' on Land Economy at the SAQ. How had you written for it?
Reply 3
No longer... no UMS for reformed (linear) AS and A-levels. :wink:
Economics in other UK unis (KCL, Warwick, Durham...)
Reply 5
No. Admissions Assessments (tests) for most courses.

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/admissions-assessments

For LandEc it's a TSA taken at interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by harrischwong
Interested in the subject in Land Economy due to its disciplinary nature with the mixture of law and economics, I have decided to apply for Land Economy in the year of 2017. It's about time for the Land Economy applicants to start their own thread this year. :redface:
So does anyone think of any colleges preferences? What other unis are you applying for? Welcome and open to opinions from Land Economists in cambridge to talk about suggestions and strategies to apply for the subject...:colondollar:

Land Economy

Cambridge's Back Door
Reply 7
Original post by Nidhoggr
Land Economy

Cambridge's Back Door

2015 LandEc course acceptance rate 20.3%
2015 University overall acceptance rate 21.0%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
To be fair, it is a degree for aristocratic estate managers.

(jk...)
Reply 9
Lol that feeling when you go to Cambridge but people still think you are a joke academically

Must feel batman

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Aless
Hey!
Great to see people interested in studying Land Economy at Cambridge! I just completed my B.A. in Land Economy at Downing College and got a First every year. I remember how hard it was when I was interviewing to find good material online: since Land Economy is such a small degree, there simply isn’t the same amount of good information online on how to prepare for interviews. My school was not very helpful either, as they didn’t really know the course.If any of you are interested, I would be happy to give you either online or in-person (if you are in London) tuition//advice/practice interviews to maximise your chances of getting in. I remember my interview experience very well, and also helped my Director of Studies think of questions to ask candidates for interview in my last year. I have helped someone with the entire application process before who successfully received an offer from Pembroke College.If you’re interested, send me a message! Aless

Good to see a former student here. It would be more helpful if you assisted in the thread, rather than via PM :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by jneill
Good to see a former student here. It would be more helpful if you assisted in the thread, rather than via PM :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there!

I am studying in London and have applied for Land Economy. Would you care to share some helpful advice with me please? I would be ever so grateful!
Hi I applied for Land Econ at Cambridge. Has anyone had an interview offer yet? I haven't heard - does that mean it's a no
for me?
Reply 13
Original post by the-unicorn
Hi I applied for Land Econ at Cambridge. Has anyone had an interview offer yet? I haven't heard - does that mean it's a no
for me?

Much too soon. Invitations are usually sent mid November onwards.
Reply 14
Njjnnn

Latest