The Student Room Group

A-Level Option Advice

I'm currently doing my GCSEs and I've chosen my A-levels for next year, but I'd love to know what each course is like from people who are doing it, and whether I have have chosen the right options. I'm not sure what I would like to do at university, which is why my options are so random, but I wouldn't mind going into maths/business/history/law possibly.
I've chosen:
Maths, Further Maths, History and French

Would you say they are good options, and do you recommend them? I definitely want to go to a Russell Group University, and I'm predicted A/A*s at GCSE.
Thank you!
Russell Group Unis are not hard to get into as long as you work hard in A levels , yeah its quite good , you planning on dropping History or French after first year?
Reply 2
Original post by Ayaz789
Russell Group Unis are not hard to get into as long as you work hard in A levels , yeah its quite good , you planning on dropping History or French after first year?

To be honest, I'm not sure yet. Probably French. I'm going to see how I enjoy each them first I think.
Original post by claire_22
To be honest, I'm not sure yet. Probably French. I'm going to see how I enjoy each them first I think.

Ahh okay & yeah they look fine!
Reply 4
Original post by Ayaz789
Ahh okay & yeah they look fine!

Thank you!
Reply 5
advice - dont do a levels they will kill my slighly

Quick Reply