The Student Room Group

Do your exam invigilators play games during exams?

Scroll to see replies

Well there was this one senior invigilator who just was sooooooo distracting. once in my further maths exam she decided that she was thirsty as opened her water bottle (by the way she was so loud- thats how I know), we all just heard fizzing. turns out she wanted to drinks some sparkling water. she was so embarrassed. Don not know why this made me laugh inside so much.
Original post by elen90
I know that they stand next to the kids most likely to fail.

Another probable game: take as long as humanly possible when retrieving a student extra paper. Tip for exams (especially essay-based subjects when you're constrained for time) is to ask for the paper when you just start on the last page so you can keep writing whilst your hand is up.

lol. this ^ especially. always.
We have two different exam halls- the gym and the main hall, and the invigilators for a fact play a game where they see who can fill up the hall first with the correct exam papers. But during exams...well that's a whole different story.

In my iGCSE, they were going round and making bee noises every time they saw the word bee...it was rather distracting but also quite enjoyable.

In my Latin exam, the invigilator got REALLY bored as there were four of us in this huge hall, so she got a chalk and started drawing all over the hall, writing down the different declensions behind us so that we couldn't see.

In my French mock, the invigilators were mocking the speakers on the listening tape.

The invigilators start the exams by ringing a bell, and they play this weird game every exam where they simply ring the bell as loud as they can, to try and make us deaf. They seem to enjoy it before the different language listening exams.

In some exams, I've seen them go around and glance at the papers, and they play this game where they look for the stupidest answers, and go and write it down on a piece of paper at the front, as well as the candidate number from whom they found it, without the other invigilators knowing. Then, at the end of the exam, when everyone's left, they all go and stand near the one they thought did the stupidest answer, and see who can get the stupidest answer. I know this because I was told to quickly walk through the corridor next to it as it's quicker than getting to my next lesson, and I was eavesdropping over them. It was hilarious.

My personal favourite though:
In most exams, there'll be some people sitting on the stage. When there isn't though, they have some GREAT fun with the lighting. I remember in my Maths mock, they were messing around with the lighting, shining it at each other, and one of them dropped a heavy area light on his foot.

The invigilators start the exams by ringing a bell, and they play this weird game every exam where they simply
I had one invigilator playing candy crush, another playing snake on the emergency phone and in another exam i had to smack my paper on my desk to get the attention for more paper :biggrin:
Original post by Leviathan1741
During college I was allowed to take my exams in a separate room to the other students so that I could type them. In one of my A Level ICT exams my invigilator was so bored (the exam was a long one), that she turned around in her chair and sat facing the wall instead of keeping
that was good
Original post by Jack_Miller
a teacher in our school admitted they played a game called, 'stand next to the ugliest kid' as well as exam pacman

I must be ugly af then :colondollar:
Reply 46
Original post by ForestShadow
x

Joe Wellah is mah lyfe
This isn't a game but in my AS history retake yesterday the invigilator thought it would be necessary to whisper to every single person in the room that we had 5 minutes left instead off just announcing it. Made me chuckle :biggrin:
Mine just walk out the room and dont mind what we do
Original post by z33
Joe Wellah is mah lyfe

In my bio exam last year, there were only about 10 of us taking it due to a clash earlier in the day and we were in a massive hall with only one invigilator. It was about 5 mins before the end of the exam and the lady starts walking really slowly to the other end of the hall so she could talk on her walkie talkie. It was so echoey that we heard every word she said anyway, and I needed some more paper, by this time 2 mins before the end of the exam, so I put my hand up but she couldn't get to me in time. After the exam she apologised and said it didn't matter too much as it was only 2 minutes and how much could i write in 2 minutes anyway.......she has no idea....
WAIT I've never experienced this. I've just experience overweight invigilators trying to fit through the gap between two desks. Why don't they just walk up and down the aisle to prevent the embarrassment?
Mine didn't play games, they just talked. They tried to whisper so we wouldn't hear but I was in such a small room I could hear every single word.
I just turned around and stared at them both as if to say "Yeahhhh, I can hear every word. Now shut up, and let me get on with my exam now in peace thanks". :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
our invigilators always seem like they take their jobs really seriously....

in any case, I usually try to make myself really animated for their entertainment, lmao. Like if there's a big lorry driving by and it makes noise, I'll be sure to look up and make a grand disapproval eye roll, take a deep breath to ~compose myself~ before sassily getting back to my paper with a ~flick of the wrist~ (yes, I do do drama, how could you tell :rofl2:)

or like, pulling weird faces, always very amusing.
Reply 55
Original post by Drewski
At GCSE level, nowhere near 1in7.
At A level, quite a bit above 1in7.

I didn't look into it enough to see if there was a distinct correlation...

I know in a few of exams I have a leftie next to me, I'm a leftie too

woah so there's a higher percentage of left handers at A-Level? weirdddd

also my invigilators are not too bad but sometimes they sit infront of the clock and i am like FFS and usuallyt next to metheres and empty seat so they sit there and LOOK AT ME and i a mlike 'pls stop'
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ladymusiclover
WAIT I've never experienced this. I've just experience overweight invigilators trying to fit through the gap between two desks. Why don't they just walk up and down the aisle to prevent the embarrassment?

Original post by Spirited-Sleeper
Mine didn't play games, they just talked. They tried to whisper so we wouldn't hear but I was in such a small room I could hear every single word.
I just turned around and stared at them both as if to say "Yeahhhh, I can hear every word. Now shut up, and let me get on with my exam now in peace thanks". :tongue:

:rofl:
Sort of feel like I shouldn't be laughing but... :lol:
Original post by bizzy_penguin
Hello all. I've created this thread so you can have a little rant about your schools/college exam invigilators (not too many mean comments about them though!!) and find out if at your school / college your exam invigilators play games during exams? I personally find it really off putting!

If you don't know what I'm on about check out this and it will explain A LOT!

http://blog.tutorhub.com/2013/06/21/top-ten-bizarre-games-exam-invigilators-play/

I was going to list all the ones our 6th form invigilators play until I realized they play ALL OF THEM! However, ours play stand by me & paperboy (with a twist cos they always take forever to come to us).

I've seen our exam invigilators with little pieces of paper which I'm certain is for battleships because they ALL have one during the length of the exam and they're all moving around. And someone in my class has also said they play stand by me because one of the invigilators were standing by them for AGES staring @ them as were other ones standing by different students!!! This also happened to me so I kept frowning @ the one who also stood by me for ages once they'd walked away when I'd finished, since it was completely unnecessary & totally off putting! and when they collected the exam papers they usually snatch them away from us! typical. :frown: ok rant over :smile:

so do your exam invigilators play the above games during exams?

no!!!!!
OUR SCHOOLS invigilliators ( we have 6-8 at every exam) stand in each bit of the room carefully scanning. they don't even talk to each other let alone play games **** that must be so distracting for you
Mine just look like they could fall asleep whilst standing up, stare into our souls and then snatch our papers off us at the end, even if we're still writing... like dude- what happened to "finish the sentence you are writing" ?

Quick Reply

Latest