The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Listers
I'll be applying for a job that gives out £100 per day and need me to work 5 times in a week. Is this a good wage arrangement?

Depends on your committments.

It's 24k a year.
Reply 2
Original post by Lulu24
Depends on your committments.

It's 24k a year.

I'm 18 and a student.

I obviously want a better paying Job when I'm like 25
That's a damn good wage to me lol
Original post by Listers
I'll be applying for a job that gives out £100 per day and need me to work 5 times in a week. Is this a good wage arrangement?

A good wage arrangement relative to what? Other 18 year olds? Yeah of course, it's well above minimum wage..
If the most money I earn in my life is 24 grand per year, I'd be fine with that (rising in time with inflation obvs).
Reply 6
Original post by _Bright Eyes
If the most money I earn in my life is 24 grand per year, I'd be fine with that (rising in time with inflation obvs).

Not a lot of ambition?
For an 18 year old it is amazing. Even for a graduate it is not to be sniffed at, even if this is in London.
Reply 8
Original post by Kaneki
Not a lot of ambition?

[video="youtube;ke9iShKzZmM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke9iShKzZmM[/video]
Reply 9
Original post by Keyhofi
For an 18 year old it is amazing. Even for a graduate it is not to be sniffed at, even if this is in London.

It is in London funny enough its retail.
Original post by Listers

Yeah in London I would be aiming for at least 30k by the time you're in your mid twenties.
Original post by Kaneki
Not a lot of ambition?

You couldn't be more wrong :wink:.

I have ambitions to be the best person I can be, to grow, experience, live, to touch people's lives, to love, to be happy and to make others happy.

I want to research animal behaviour for the benefit of the animals themselves. Or perhaps trek round jungles as a tour guide. Or run a cat hotel. Or become a carer, or a perhaps a psychologist, or a counsellor.

The past few years I've worked for free on projects that were meaningful to me. I've helped kids, adults, old folk, monkeys, birds. I've had some of the best times of my life. More than anything money can buy.

The pursuit of more and more money doesn't make you ambitious - it makes you greedy.
Original post by Listers

what grade retail
luxury goods or just routine stuff?
if it the first i was offered a role that paid £75k salary a few years back and snubbed it as it was in the wrong market for me now i make £30k and and expecting a growth of between 200 and 1000 percent in the next 4 years
Reply 13
You couldn't be more wrong :wink:.

I have ambitions to be the best person I can be, to grow, experience, live, to touch people's lives, to love, to be happy and to make others happy.

I want to research animal behaviour for the benefit of the animals themselves. Or perhaps trek round jungles as a tour guide. Or run a cat hotel. Or become a carer, or a perhaps a psychologist, or a counsellor.

The past few years I've worked for free on projects that were meaningful to me. I've helped kids, adults, old folk, monkeys, birds. I've had some of the best times of my life. More than anything money can buy.

The pursuit of more and more money doesn't make you ambitious - it makes you greedy.

It depends what you are going to use the money for, does it not?
Reply 14
Original post by Keyhofi
Yeah in London I would be aiming for at least 30k by the time you're in your mid twenties.

Not the one to brag but my father runs this bank and he'll employ me when I'm a graduate, so i'm not really worrying too much about mid twenties, I just need some bucks now because my mother called me a lazy leech who just sits around and does nothing infront of my little brother, which made me almost break a window out of anger LOOL
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by jamesthehustler
what grade retail
luxury goods or just routine stuff?
if it the first i was offered a role that paid £75k salary a few years back and snubbed it as it was in the wrong market for me now i make £30k and and expecting a growth of between 200 and 1000 percent in the next 4 years

Tech retail.

It's a relatively new company though and why reject a £75,000 just cause it's not your field LOL.

You'll be making nearly £200,000 in just 2 years LOOOL.
Dude that's pretty ****ing great at 18, people way older than you are struggling to get even that.

It's like £12.50 per hour if it's a full time job, which is almost double the minimum wage, so yeah, go for it!
Original post by Kaneki
It depends what you are going to use the money for, does it not?

When you're making your fortune, come show me how you donate most of it to charitable causes, then. I'll eat my hat.
Original post by Listers

For 18 & a student, that's a good wage yes.
Reply 19
When you're making your fortune, come show me how you donate most of it to charitable causes, then. I'll eat my hat.

I didn't mention charitable causes? Providing for a family, starting your own projects and other things all cost money, whether we like that or not.

Latest

Trending

Trending