The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Confused about what to do about September.

Really not sure if I'm deciding the right thing or not because I don't have the ability to decide much later than a certain date in the next couple weeks.

There's too many things to consider and it's stressing me out so much. :cry:
So tomorrow is my last ever day at the school i've been at for 7 years- right from the word go in year 7....

I'm trying to write thank you cards and it's honestly so hard; how do I even put into words that without the constant support and encouragement from my teachers who helped me when I thought nothing was worth it anymore. I can honestly say that without my school I probably wouldn't still be here today- a bottle of wine and a card hardly seems enough to express this....
It's so weird thinking I won't be there anymore :frown: In a year group of only 50 people and classes of about 5-8 I can't imagine not seeing the same girl everyday they're literally all like my extended family....

Sorry for the ridiculous/pointless waffle about something so insignificant just feeling a bit raw and emotional over it all lol :/
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I know you are talking about depression and not voices... but when my voices are telling me that no one cares, etc. the best thing is to have tangible evidence to prove my voices wrong.

I've got a scrapbook full of cards from people that I've received over the years, just to remind myself that people actually DO care. Maybe you could do something similar? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really have any cards, as such :frown: but I will have to think of something, because it takes up way too much out of me and I also make bad choices when I am feeling low too :frown:

Hope you are okay :hugs:
Original post by moment of truth
One of the things I hate the most is the way my thoughts and mind turn completely negative, not just to me but also those closest to me, when I am struggling. I know, with the right mind, that I have people that care about me and would be distraught if something happens to me, but then when I am feeling really low, those thoughts flip over and tell me that no-one cares etc. I know that this is the effect that depression has, but they are so incredibly difficult to disbelieve. Does anyone have ideas on ways to counter this?

Have something you say to yourself to remind yourself that though these feelings are there now they will pass and that this is the depression talking. :hugs: :smile: or depending on how intense they are if it's possible for you to do something else to distract yourself even though the thoughts might not shift immediately if you start to focus on something else they should dissipate quicker that they will if you sit with them. Obviously the thing that you do to distract yourself should be something fairly calming or just something you know never ruffles your feathers too much.
Original post by Little Popcorns
Have something you say to yourself to remind yourself that though these feelings are there now they will pass and that this is the depression talking. :hugs: :smile: or depending on how intense they are if it's possible for you to do something else to distract yourself even though the thoughts might not shift immediately if you start to focus on something else they should dissipate quicker that they will if you sit with them. Obviously the thing that you do to distract yourself should be something fairly calming or just something you know never ruffles your feathers too much.

I'm not feeling like this at the moment, but just want to prepare for the next time it happens!

Writing something down is a good idea, just to remind myself that it is just the depression talking and not actually me.

I often find it really hard to do anything productive when I am feeling like that, I normally just lay in bed on my laptop searching stupid triggering things that make me feel worse or watch something on netflix.

Hope you are alright :hugs:
I should be asleep right now.

Instead I'm crying.

Lovely.
I'm not feeling like this at the moment, but just want to prepare for the next time it happens!

Writing something down is a good idea, just to remind myself that it is just the depression talking and not actually me.

I often find it really hard to do anything productive when I am feeling like that, I normally just lay in bed on my laptop searching stupid triggering things that make me feel worse or watch something on netflix.

Hope you are alright :hugs:
I do that as well and try to resit not winding up watching/reading all the triggering stuff but the pull towards it is strong when you feel like that... but try to push back and watch something else. Or get up and get yourself a cup of tea or something. Having said these that, whilst watching triggering stuff isn't ideal sometimes a good cry or purge of bad feelings is good for us.

Alrightish thanks :hugs:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Midnightmemories
I should be asleep right now.

Instead I'm crying.

Lovely.

:jumphug: hope you feel better soon lovely :frown: x
Reply 468
Just wanna give up so much :sadpanda:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
:jumphug: hope you feel better soon lovely :frown: x

I just feel pathetic and stupid. I can't control my
Emotions at all at the moment and now everything's a mess. Not sure if I can do this anymore :hide:

Original post by PandaWho
Just wanna give up so much :sadpanda:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not got that much to say because I feel the same. Just sending you massive hugs :hugs:
:console:
Original post by Sabertooth
Did it go ok today? I hope so.

Hey Sabertooth. I remember you :wavey: How you doing?

It was a really intense first meeting. Had a panic attack during. She spoke to me about a lot of different medication options and about the circumstances which she would have to admit me to hospital if I continue to deteriorate.

Am really teary and anxious this morning. Haven't slept again.

Potentially triggering?

Spoiler

Original post by Midnightmemories
Confused about what to do about September.

Really not sure if I'm deciding the right thing or not because I don't have the ability to decide much later than a certain date in the next couple weeks.

There's too many things to consider and it's stressing me out so much. :cry:

What's happening in September?

:hugs:
Ah okay. Hope you do get accepted onto the access course in September, because that should help you :smile: That is still a few months away though :redface: but hopefully you find something else that can keep you busy and can just help you in the meantime!

Thanks. Am looking into working away for the summer at a buddhist retreat. That might sound crazy but I think I need to or I'm not going to get through this summer.

Might call the college up today to ask them for an update on whether I have an interview or not.
(Negative so maybe triggering)

Spoiler

Original post by Little Popcorns
I do that as well and try to resit not winding up watching/reading all the triggering stuff but the pull towards it is strong when you feel like that... but try to push back and watch something else. Or get up and get yourself a cup of tea or something. Having said these that, whilst watching triggering stuff isn't ideal sometimes a good cry or purge of bad feelings is good for us.

Alrightish thanks :hugs:

I am into documentaries, so I always end up watching ones about triggering things which isn't good, at all, but it's really hard to get out of.

:hugs:

Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd
Thanks. Am looking into working away for the summer at a buddhist retreat. That might sound crazy but I think I need to or I'm not going to get through this summer.

Might call the college up today to ask them for an update on whether I have an interview or not.

Doesn't sound crazy at all, sounds interesting more than anything :tongue:
One of the things I hate the most is the way my thoughts and mind turn completely negative, not just to me but also those closest to me, when I am struggling. I know, with the right mind, that I have people that care about me and would be distraught if something happens to me, but then when I am feeling really low, those thoughts flip over and tell me that no-one cares etc. I know that this is the effect that depression has, but they are so incredibly difficult to disbelieve. Does anyone have ideas on ways to counter this?

Going through a rough patch myself and I feel similar so I can 100% sympathise. Haven't worked out a way to counter it yet fully though so I can't help :frown:
When one thing makes your mood dive bomb drastically and you can't do anything about it :frown:
First CBT session yesterday was really odd. She asked if I have been isolating myself from friends and I said yes but I know it's important that I don't so I try to meet them as much as I can. Then she was saying that maybe I should not go out if I don't want to? As if I was only going to please other people. I tried to get across to her that if I stayed in all the time and just gave up every time I didn't feel like doing something I'd probably be much worse but she wasn't getting it :dontknow:

Suicide/SH

Spoiler

Original post by Anon #2
First CBT session yesterday was really odd. She asked if I have been isolating myself from friends and I said yes but I know it's important that I don't so I try to meet them as much as I can. Then she was saying that maybe I should not go out if I don't want to? As if I was only going to please other people. I tried to get across to her that if I stayed in all the time and just gave up every time I didn't feel like doing something I'd probably be much worse but she wasn't getting it :dontknow:

Suicide/SH

Spoiler

That sounds weird....like I would think that forcing yourself to go out and meet friends seems like a much better idea than staying in and isolating yourself. That's the kind of thing that can easily get out of hand - staying in all the time.

As for your spoiler, that sounds odd too, I think that would piss me off too. Though I'm not sure how you resolve that, I imagine it would be awkward to tell her to stop whispering, but then again if it pisses you off, then maybe? :dontknow:

I take it that as you've just reached the top of the waiting list that you can't request someone different? Sometimes people just don't "click" with the person assigned to them.
Didn't attend college today. Suppose I'm gonna be in trouble on Monday now. Lovely. :sigh:

Latest