The Student Room Group

OCR AS Chemistry - Practice Papers??

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has the complete sets of practice papers that were recently put up on the exam boards website? I have done every past paper and specimen available but my teacher is god-awful and apparently can't access the website to get it for me as I have requested since they first came out.

I've tried to access them myself but found that they were protected by a password of some sort? I'm not entirely sure why but I really want to complete them in the run up to exams as revision.

Be thankful if anyone could help!
Reply 1
They aren't that great, there are a number of errors.

But, they are probably better than nothing.

They do exist and your teacher should be able to access them. It depends on what relationship you have with him/her. Threaten to go and see your senior management team unless s/he gets them. Or just go see them (anonymously?) to get SMT to make him/her get them. It sounds like they can't be bothered seeing their exams officer for a (new?) login.
Original post by Pigster
They aren't that great, there are a number of errors.

But, they are probably better than nothing.

They do exist and your teacher should be able to access them. It depends on what relationship you have with him/her. Threaten to go and see your senior management team unless s/he gets them. Or just go see them (anonymously?) to get SMT to make him/her get them. It sounds like they can't be bothered seeing their exams officer for a (new?) login.

Really? What sort of errors?

If you've done them would you be able to tell me what major topics are on them so I kind of know what topics probably won't be that in-depth in the real exam. I know it's a tenuous assumption but just for my own OCD-sanity.

I will definitely do that on Monday. I just thought he was being lazy. He's a new teacher at the college I am at and apparently doesn't have the login details necessary (and cannot be bothered to get them, probably.)

Thanks for your response!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
It is possible that he doesn't have a login and won't be given one (I wasn't at my last school), but someone will have access. Even if he can't access the papers himself, someone can. He should be finding that person and pestering them for the paper, so that your group can use it for their preparation.
has anyone got these practise papers if so can you please send me or post them here i am doing the exam privately and dont have access to these
Reply 5
Original post by muhammad78675
has anyone got these practise papers if so can you please send me or post them here i am doing the exam privately and dont have access to these

Ask your science teachers, they should be able to access them from the OCR Science interchange thing where they get papers first hand. There's no reason they wouldn't give it to you unless they are planning to use it as a mock.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
the website only has the mark scheme
No one but teachers can access the papers and they won't give them out, probably because of A-level students carrying it on or department policy. They have no papers to assess us properly but those, so there's no wonder why they won't be given out. Just do legacy papers, they're the same thing in essence, I would use the sample assessments.
Original post by aj2152
Check my message above.

Posted from TSR Mobile

found em thank you soo much bro
Reply 9
Original post by muhammad78675
found em thank you soo much bro

You're welcome

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
There's ZigZag papers that your school could potentially have access to as well, if they paid for them that is.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
ocr chemistry set 2 specimen papers anyone please ???
Reply 12
does anyone have those chemistry practice papers pls?
Does anybody have the set 2 papers

Quick Reply

Latest