The Student Room Group

HIS1H Tsarist Russia Retake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pui
God everytime I see what other people wrote I feel like my answer gets worse and worse lol you made really good points I honestly thought of none of those I definitely didn't make enough points for 12 marks but hopefully I get a decent mark :biggrin:
and yea im doing modern Britain 1945-2007 possibly the dullest topic of them all :smile: yours sounds way more interesting haha
wait yours is next week??? I thought a2 exams weren't until June ahh good luck!!!!!

I feel the same. I felt like all my answers were going off topic at the end of each paragraph and I had to check the question so many times because I didn't know what I was talking about. :lol: I really hope so! Though I doubt it. :cry2: You've made some great points and I think those examples are more likely to be on the mark scheme unlike mine.

I did that exam last yaer, omg loved it! I got a C in that exam. :rofl: Coould've been much better but that's what an all-nighter got me. :colondollar:

I'm doing another AS resit which is HIS2M, the second unit. It's about Hitler in power, interesting but hard to remember such details. :shakecane:

Spoiler

Original post by Abbey15
Wow i really wouldnt worry too much. By the sounds of that you remember so much detail! I hate when things like that happen, especially because its out of your control! I got to our exam hall yesterday which is a sports hall and kids were playing in it at dinner and all the tables were down so i thought i had the wrong room. I went running around the school and sixform in the rain to find it was the sports hall but the cleaners made a mistake and took everything down haha!

If your other questions had much specific detail in there is no way you will get a low grade just focus on your other exams :smile:

God id of loved to do Germany, im abit of a finatic haha. Im doing Britan aswell :smile: had our coursework on Civil Rights in America that made me want to cry 😂 managed to get it up to an A in the end though..

Good luck with your exams, im sure youll do amazing!

I managed to revise for it properly in about 4 days. And still other things managed to screw up which wasn't even my fault!

Omg that's so annoying, in the rain as well! Those things that are out of your control can go wrong, it happens. :frown:

My 24 markers were so short, one of them was a half way complete and the other was two-thirds. 12 markers were completed (but rushed). I'm trying to accept the fact that I've done ****. :frown:

Germany is fun but we have asuch a short period of time (1933-1945) to analyse that we are expected to know such small details. So annoying. :rant:

I did exactly the same as you. I did Britain last year and USA Civil Rights Coursework. I got an A* in my coursework, my teacher messed up the marking for another students coursework so my grade also went down to an A. :mad:

Good luck to you too! :jumphug:
Reply 21
Original post by Abbey15
Aw thankyou! I hope so 😊 im sure youll do great too!

Im doing Britan but in the 1600's basically all about monarch and parliament..its not too bad but makes me a little sleepy sometimes haha!

We did Civil Rights in America for coursework which i had mixed feelings about, even my teacher says it wasnt my best work had to push it for an A but i really didnt enjoy doing it so..😂 how did your coursework go? Your topic sounds interesting!

it went alright thanks :smile: I got a B in it i was hoping for higher but im not disappointed it was really interesting to read and write about
maybe not britain in the 1600s lol but civil rights in America sounds interesting congrats on your A!!!! :top:
Reply 22
Original post by undercxver
I feel the same. I felt like all my answers were going off topic at the end of each paragraph and I had to check the question so many times because I didn't know what I was talking about. :lol: I really hope so! Though I doubt it. :cry2: You've made some great points and I think those examples are more likely to be on the mark scheme unlike mine.

I did that exam last yaer, omg loved it! I got a C in that exam. :rofl: Coould've been much better but that's what an all-nighter got me. :colondollar:

I'm doing another AS resit which is HIS2M, the second unit. It's about Hitler in power, interesting but hard to remember such details. :shakecane:

Spoiler

I managed to revise for it properly in about 4 days. And still other things managed to screw up which wasn't even my fault!

Omg that's so annoying, in the rain as well! Those things that are out of your control can go wrong, it happens. :frown:

My 24 markers were so short, one of them was a half way complete and the other was two-thirds. 12 markers were completed (but rushed). I'm trying to accept the fact that I've done ****. :frown:

Germany is fun but we have asuch a short period of time (1933-1945) to analyse that we are expected to know such small details. So annoying. :rant:

I did exactly the same as you. I did Britain last year and USA Civil Rights Coursework. I got an A* in my coursework, my teacher messed up the marking for another students coursework so my grade also went down to an A. :mad:

Good luck to you too! :jumphug:

I really wouldnt worry yourself over it! Aslong as youve got some balance in there you will be fine, the exam is way too short, think theyve realised seen as the New Spec get alot longer!

Id if loved that, im dyslexic so i struggle to remember alot of dates but i remember precise detail, i learn it like a story in chronological order to help me with dates haha, smaller time periods are much more my thing 😋

Ah im not happy with my coursework at all but there is very little i could do to squeeze more marks, he said id of had to rewrite half of my argument and a week before my first exam i wasnt prepared to stress myself out with it so ive left it at just over an A i hope the examiner doesnt take it down at all haha.
Reply 23
Original post by pui
it went alright thanks :smile: I got a B in it i was hoping for higher but im not disappointed it was really interesting to read and write about
maybe not britain in the 1600s lol but civil rights in America sounds interesting congrats on your A!!!! :top:

A B is still really good though i wouldnt be dissapointed! Yeah Britan is pretty draining, i enjoyed reseaching Civil Rights just not writing about it haha :smile: thankyou!
Reply 24
Original post by Abbey15
How did you find it?
Which questions did you answer and include?
Im having mixed feelings at the minute 😣

I did the first 2, and the emancipation question was a dream! I was hoping for a B as I got a VERY low C last year, but a higher C will do, which I think I got. How does everyone else feel?
Reply 25
Original post by smegsxo
I did the first 2, and the emancipation question was a dream! I was hoping for a B as I got a VERY low C last year, but a higher C will do, which I think I got. How does everyone else feel?

Thats really good, im so glad they didnt go against us with it being the last exam of the spec haha i was worried they would put all the questions they wanted to in the past but didnt, would have threw me if they changed the whole wording etc..

I want an A but im hoping i got atleast a B, i got a decent C last year but it dragged my A in vietnam down to a B so hopefully with my A in Vietnam and coursework aslong as my Britan exam doesnt screw me i should come out with an alright grade 😋 yeah i was impressed with the exam just not sure if i got enough in there i got so panicky haha!

Can you remember what you included? 😊
Original post by Abbey15
Thats really good, im so glad they didnt go against us with it being the last exam of the spec haha i was worried they would put all the questions they wanted to in the past but didnt, would have threw me if they changed the whole wording etc..

I want an A but im hoping i got atleast a B, i got a decent C last year but it dragged my A in vietnam down to a B so hopefully with my A in Vietnam and coursework aslong as my Britan exam doesnt screw me i should come out with an alright grade 😋 yeah i was impressed with the exam just not sure if i got enough in there i got so panicky haha!

Can you remember what you included? 😊

When i saw the first question i got so excited lol. Last year i got a C (2 freaking UMS off a B) so im hoping for an A or a high B. For the first question i wrote about how russia needed to advance economically and so in order to do so hd to emancipate the serfs so they could farm more effectively and produce a surplus and some could move into the citites. Then i linked the motive to want to advance economically to the defeats of crimean wat and pressure from intellectuals.
As for the 24 marker i kind of got confused with the wording. It said if the reforms inproved the lives of the russian people so i basically broke down the people into groups (peasants, nobility and intellengentsia and national minorities) and evaluating the reforms for each group then concluded that more could have been done so he didnt imprve the lives of the people. But im not sure if i did that right
Also my teacher told me i got a C in the coursework. So i dont know if its possible for me to get an A overrall. I got B in my other unit last year so i retook tsarist russia so hopefully could bring the grade up to overall an A. But with a C in the coursework does that mean ill be stuck with an overall B?
Reply 28
Original post by mary_eki
When i saw the first question i got so excited lol. Last year i got a C (2 freaking UMS off a B) so im hoping for an A or a high B. For the first question i wrote about how russia needed to advance economically and so in order to do so hd to emancipate the serfs so they could farm more effectively and produce a surplus and some could move into the citites. Then i linked the motive to want to advance economically to the defeats of crimean wat and pressure from intellectuals.
As for the 24 marker i kind of got confused with the wording. It said if the reforms inproved the lives of the russian people so i basically broke down the people into groups (peasants, nobility and intellengentsia and national minorities) and evaluating the reforms for each group then concluded that more could have been done so he didnt imprve the lives of the people. But im not sure if i did that right

I left space for a paragraph about agriculture inefficiency but i realised how much time i had wasted on the 12 marker and ran out of time to go back 😐! No i think that you could have done the 24 marker either way but god that must have took you a while, you could have either assessed the reforms in general and explained how they didnt improve or looked more specifically at certain groups and reforms so i think youll be fine there! Aslong as its accurate youll get credit 😄!

Well done!!
Reply 29
Original post by mary_eki
Also my teacher told me i got a C in the coursework. So i dont know if its possible for me to get an A overrall. I got B in my other unit last year so i retook tsarist russia so hopefully could bring the grade up to overall an A. But with a C in the coursework does that mean ill be stuck with an overall B?

Im not sure how it works, i know its all equal weighted so youll have 25% of a C, 25% of your As which wasnt Russia and then your A2 exam 25% and your new Russia grade 25%

It all goes on points i think, so they will add them all up and see what band you are in at the end, try to find out if it was a high C in your coursework? For example if it was a few marks off of a B you could make that up by getting a few marks over a B in something else.. am i making any sense? Or am i babbling again 😂 😊
Reply 30
On a side note, does anyone doing modern Britain have any tips to get a B? Like on what to include and how to structure the essay? I'm struggling and my teacher is useless
Original post by Abbey15
Im not sure how it works, i know its all equal weighted so youll have 25% of a C, 25% of your As which wasnt Russia and then your A2 exam 25% and your new Russia grade 25%

It all goes on points i think, so they will add them all up and see what band you are in at the end, try to find out if it was a high C in your coursework? For example if it was a few marks off of a B you could make that up by getting a few marks over a B in something else.. am i making any sense? Or am i babbling again 😂 😊

Oh okay thanks that makes sense. Ill try find out from my teacher if it was a high C but he doesnt want to get into specifics he didnt even want to give me my grade! Im just hoping i can do well on my A2 exam and hopefully this exam was alright.
The timing was so bad though wasnt it. Like an hour and 15 mins wasnt nearly enough. I know i spent more time in the first 2 questions than the second ones but oh well im glad its over!
Original post by smegsxo
On a side note, does anyone doing modern Britain have any tips to get a B? Like on what to include and how to structure the essay? I'm struggling and my teacher is useless

I'm doing britain 1918-1964 but my teacher is pretty useless too hahha. What im doing is sticking very close to the spec and making mindmaps for each governments aims, problems and policies. Then as for essay structure intro, 3 paragraphs for and then 3 against then conclusion using PEEL
Original post by smegsxo

Hey, can't tell if you're doing the new or old spec so if it's an A2 or AS exam but here's some help.

Here's a thread for the new spec AS exam if you have any questions.

Check out this thread for some notes posted by a TSR user. I have some revision tips there if you need any help with generally learning the content for History.

Any History tips also can be found on this thread. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending