The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE PE 20th May 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Also, does anyone know their practical grades with coursework? (Score out of 90)
Mine are 60/90 which I know is far from amazing, but according to the AQA website this comes out as an E? Surely a 30 mark drop can't be worth 5 grades right?
Reply 21
i think there'll be some stuff about national governing bodies cuz thats mentioned in the pre release too
Original post by NiamhM1801
Also, does anyone know their practical grades with coursework? (Score out of 90)
Mine are 60/90 which I know is far from amazing, but according to the AQA website this comes out as an E? Surely a 30 mark drop can't be worth 5 grades right?

That shouldn't be right at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sadiemiahendrie
That shouldn't be right at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I was thinking! My teacher interpreted it as a B, I think it's more like a C (she has incredibly high hopes for me aha) but an E is just ridiculous! If that's true then I can only get as high as a C overall and that's will full UMS in the exam!
Do we need to know about Arteries, veins and capillaries??
Couldn't see it on specification so......
That's what I was thinking! My teacher interpreted it as a B, I think it's more like a C (she has incredibly high hopes for me aha) but an E is just ridiculous! If that's true then I can only get as high as a C overall and that's will full UMS in the exam!

I think it would definitely be a C, possibly a B. But certainly not an E!
Original post by sophie2015

They're in my revision guide...
I find the PE specification incredibly poor. I don't use it for revision unlike OCR's for science.

If you want the notes in it I could type them out for you?
They're in my revision guide...
I find the PE specification incredibly poor. I don't use it for revision unlike OCR's for science.

If you want the notes in it I could type them out for you?

Yeah If possible! Also there hasn't even rerally been anything on SMARTER Targets. I'm guessing that could come up?
Yeah If possible! Also there hasn't even rerally been anything on SMARTER Targets. I'm guessing that could come up?

Arteries - these have thick walls and carry oxygenated blood at high pressure away from the heart. They have no valves and their walls are more elastic than the walls of veins. They sub-divide into smaller vessels known as arterioles.
Veins - these carry deoxygenated blood back to the heart and their walls are thinner and less elastic than the walls of arteries. Veins have valves to make sure the blood is not able to flow backwards.
Capillaries - these are microscopic vessels that allow carbon dioxide, oxygen and waste products to pass through their very thin walls.

I have no idea what they are :s-smilie:
I haven't revised..... concentrated to much on my b1 and c1 exams... bricking it xD
Arteries - these have thick walls and carry oxygenated blood at high pressure away from the heart. They have no valves and their walls are more elastic than the walls of veins. They sub-divide into smaller vessels known as arterioles.
Veins - these carry deoxygenated blood back to the heart and their walls are thinner and less elastic than the walls of arteries. Veins have valves to make sure the blood is not able to flow backwards.
Capillaries - these are microscopic vessels that allow carbon dioxide, oxygen and waste products to pass through their very thin walls.

I have no idea what they are :s-smilie:

Thank You! I took this from bitesize because its not in my textbook.
SpecificMeasurableAchievableRealisticTime-phasedExcitingRecordedSmarter targets are basically a form of goal setting.
By setting goals :
It increases motivation and determination ie. if you reach your first short term target this will motivate you to continue
It reinforces the desire to keep working and builds self-confidence
It provides valuable feedback which will help identify development needs, training requirements and provide a starting point to monitor progress

I think if they ask you to create a training programme, maybe mention SMARTER Targets as a form of goal setting to show how you can ensure progress has been made.
Thank You! I took this from bitesize because its not in my textbook.
SpecificMeasurableAchievableRealisticTime-phasedExcitingRecordedSmarter targets are basically a form of goal setting.
By setting goals :
It increases motivation and determination ie. if you reach your first short term target this will motivate you to continue
It reinforces the desire to keep working and builds self-confidence
It provides valuable feedback which will help identify development needs, training requirements and provide a starting point to monitor progress

I think if they ask you to create a training programme, maybe mention SMARTER Targets as a form of goal setting to show how you can ensure progress has been made.

Ah thank you! If a question comes up I'll be very grateful!
Reply 32
have a look at this it gives a specification
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-4890-W-SP-14.PDF
My teacher seems to think there will be stuff on NGBs, sport England and Youth Sport Trust

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeorgiaC901
My teacher seems to think there will be stuff on NGBs, sport England and Youth Sport Trust

Posted from TSR Mobile

Noooo! I can never remember that stuff! :s-smilie:
Reply 35

i think we just need to know what do like artery carries blood away from heart etc., cuz i saw a question about it on one of the past papers
Nothing has ever come up on Dame Kelly Holmes Trust so I am revising that right now
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463732791.915930.jpg This is the predictions my teachers give me for the Full Course and Double Award exam!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463732891.165086.jpg These are the predictions I got off my teacher for the Full Course and Double Award exam!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sadiemiahendrie
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463732891.165086.jpg These are the predictions I got off my teacher for the Full Course and Double Award exam!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fab thank you!!
I'm currently doing the June 2015 paper and it's certainly...different :s-smilie:
Not massively hard but a lot on personalities and not much actual PE in it!
Hoping our paper has some good stuff on body systems and such, not stuff like influences which this paper is full of!!

Quick Reply

Latest