The Student Room Group

UK the third most welcoming country for refugees

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KimKallstrom
I'll give you this: you're the only person so far of the political position that encourages this sort of thing to come in and be complimentary about the fact that we as a country are doing this. It shows a consistency in principal and position.

Pretty much all the others have just come in to slag people off, which to me goes to show that slagging off people (especially Britain) is the basis for their entire thought process. I'll commend you for not being like that (unlike countless posters here).

It's not a problem,habibi :h:
I'm generally a loving person and would like to help those less fortunate than myself and those who genuinely do need our help and are not here to cause mischief.
Am I the only one surprised that the UK has a higher rank than Canada??? Earlier this year the Canadiam Prime Minister was pledging that Canada would be taking in over 2500 refugees this year.
Original post by godofwine
We should take in more refugees, especially since Germany is taking in over 1 million refugees.

You have seriously flawed logic here.

Just because one country takes more refugees in, we have to take more in?

Since when has this been a competition?
Original post by XcitingStuart

It's not a competition. It's called showing compassion and helping those that are in need. That's why I think we should do more to help the refugees.
I wouldn't be surprised if China bunged them into sweatshops or some other low paying job where the health and living conditions invite human rights violations, ill health, and then death.
Original post by XcitingStuart

Its not a competition, but the disparity between numbers is large considering.

Relative size of countries

Wealth.

Both signed to same Convention on Refugees

Amounts to less than 1% of what Germany takes. Perfectly logical for GOW to point out the disparity.
Original post by SMEGGGY
No more. Other countries need to increase population, not the UK. We have plenty

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Britain_is_full
Original post by Kylie Jenner
Nothing.

Foreign males are not rapists. This notion of branding minority men as savage sexual predators is a stereotype that has it's origins in slavery in America where black men were tortured and hanged because of a misguided need to protect "our women".

More likely comes from some of the recent incidents in Germany from Syrian Refugees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending