The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Anything for liverpool? Ive had a health questionnaire added today.
Original post by Superflyish24
I applied for London. But haven't been asked to complete a DBS form.

If you applied in London you already completed the DBS before the interview, at least that is what I and others experienced on the day.
I received a provisional offer of employment for London but have concerns about the pre-employment checks as I have a conviction on my criminal record and fear that my DBS will let me down.

Just wanted to know if any one else is or has been in the same situation or have any advice on moving forward?
Original post by KottonKandi
I received a provisional offer of employment for London but have concerns about the pre-employment checks as I have a conviction on my criminal record and fear that my DBS will let me down.

Just wanted to know if any one else is or has been in the same situation or have any advice on moving forward?

Did you disclose your conviction? If you disclosed the conviction and depending on what it is you should be fine however if you didn't disclose, you may find they'll ask more questions just the same as any job.
Original post by PandaSal
If you applied in London you already completed the DBS before the interview, at least that is what I and others experienced on the day.

Ah yes I remember! My mistake LOL
Reply 285
Hey everyone :smile:
Anyone know what the situation is with Middleton applications? I got an offer for Oldham but I'm starting to go a bit crazy because my status and everything hasn't changed from reserve list, no new documents either.
I'm probably just being impatient but yeah is anyone else in the same boat?
Original post by Lu93
Hey everyone :smile:
Anyone know what the situation is with Middleton applications? I got an offer for Oldham but I'm starting to go a bit crazy because my status and everything hasn't changed from reserve list, no new documents either.
I'm probably just being impatient but yeah is anyone else in the same boat?

Did you have a provisional offer or were you placed on the reserve list?
Are they looking at all scores from all areas? Im South East Wales, I had a provisional offer on the 11th but have heard nothing since.

Is this DBS application the character form e had to complete and submit during interview.
The only thing that has been confirmed by Markymark1992 previously is that the region directly under review is manchester. This is probably because they have not offered the locations in order of merit.
Reply 289
Reserve list first :smile:
Original post by Lu93

That was quick that you got off reserve list lol fab!
Original post by Lu93

so after being placed on the list, you had a call telling you that you have a job ?
Reply 292
Original post by prinny88
That was quick that you got off reserve list lol fab!

Thank you! I'm just worried though because according to my application I'm still just on the reserve list :')
Reply 293
Original post by memoryfish
so after being placed on the list, you had a call telling you that you have a job ?

Yeah I was on it for just over a week before, I got 5666 though in my interview?
Original post by Lu93
Yeah I was on it for just over a week before, I got 5666 though in my interview?

How strange....maybe your cluster is also on hold.
Reply 295
Original post by memoryfish
How strange....maybe your cluster is also on hold.

I'm hoping I'm just being impatient about it all, it has only been a day after all I'm just getting anxious because of how much I want to start it haha, wanted to know if anyone else was having the same thing (:
Original post by Lu93
I'm hoping I'm just being impatient about it all, it has only been a day after all I'm just getting anxious because of how much I want to start it haha, wanted to know if anyone else was having the same thing (:

I got a call on Monday offering me a job at Oldham. The person who rang just told me to send an email to someone and that's all I've heard since. They said they wanted to start people asap and she mentioned a provisional start date of 23rd May which is Monday! But seeing as though I've not heard anything since I don't think that's happening ha.
Reply 297
Original post by Kate349
I got a call on Monday offering me a job at Oldham. The person who rang just told me to send an email to someone and that's all I've heard since. They said they wanted to start people asap and she mentioned a provisional start date of 23rd May which is Monday! But seeing as though I've not heard anything since I don't think that's happening ha.

Yeah she mentioned the start of June to me, at least we're both in a similar situation that's reassuring haha! :smile:

Maybe it's just taking long than anticipated then.
Original post by Lu93
Yeah she mentioned the start of June to me, at least we're both in a similar situation that's reassuring haha! :smile:

Maybe it's just taking long than anticipated then.

I thought she was a bit optimistic when she said about starting on Monday because I know how long all these checks can take sometimes!
Hopefully we'll start soon 🙂
Reply 299
Original post by Kate349
I thought she was a bit optimistic when she said about starting on Monday because I know how long all these checks can take sometimes!
Hopefully we'll start soon 🙂

Yeah hopefully! Do you need to give a notice in or anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending