these were the actual boundaries of last year's exam

75 full UMS
68 ---> 90 UMS
62 ---> 80 UMS (A)
56 ---> 70 UMS (B)
50 ---> 60 UMS (C)
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

disappointed.I didnt realise that u had to apply completing the square to the matrix question.....lost 2 marksI couldnt prove that alpha was the root, i equated the equation to 0 and got the same but positive value (im not sure whether it is correct)...lost 2 marksi couldnt find a and b nonetheless i managed to create an equation using the imaginary roots and did a bit of working that led nowhere. As a result i only showed the imaginary roots on the argand diagram....lost 4 markslast part i didnt manage to get it to k+1....lost 3 marksEnd result=resit
Reply 2
that was a kanker hard exam yo
Reply 3
It was terrible I did almost every fp1 past paper twice but this one was one another level.
Reply 4
Terrible. Did every single past paper save the internationals and I was nonetheless stupefied.
Reply 5
Original post by tejsanghavi
disappointed.I didnt realise that u had to apply completing the square to the matrix question.....lost 2 marksI couldnt prove that alpha was the root, i equated the equation to 0 and got the same but positive value (im not sure whether it is correct)...lost 2 marksi couldnt find a and b nonetheless i managed to create an equation using the imaginary roots and did a bit of working that led nowhere. As a result i only showed the imaginary roots on the argand diagram....lost 4 markslast part i didnt manage to get it to k+1....lost 3 marksEnd result=resit
Now im pissing myself i dont remember an argand diagram what question was this?
Reply 6
Original post by SakuraE
It was terrible I did almost every fp1 past paper twice but this one was one another level.

I know i even done IAL papers
Reply 7
Guys what did u get for the last question
Reply 8
Without giving away too much (not sure when we can speak about exam?) I thought it was generally tougher that normal but more than enough standard questions to get desired grade. I would say around 7 non standard marks on the paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah done most FP1 papers and was getting good marks
Anyone else run out of time?
Dropped at least 15 marks
I think that exam was a bit tougher than usual, built up from the easy questions at the start to some potentially more difficult and wordy ones at the end. Might have lost 2 marks on wordy stuff.

Another tricky one was the last part of question 9. Did anybody get 5 root 2 as their x coordinate of M?
Original post by Sallekmo
Now im pissing myself i dont remember an argand diagram what question was this?

the part c, to the question on finding a and b of the equation
Reply 12
Very Hard paper !!!
It was harder than January 2016 IAL.

What is wrong with Edexcel??
RIDICULOUS!!! I have done awfully - not enough time.
Reply 14
I am intrigued to see this paper now..
Original post by Anon-
that was a kanker hard exam yo

Juisteeeemss!!!
I dont even know what this exam was, I just.. wanted to get a B. Guess since edexcel is on a killing spree i'll be aiming for a strong D
Original post by tejsanghavi

Complete the square on the matrix question? What are you talking about?
Reply 18
Original post by HasanRaza1
Yeah done most FP1 papers and was getting good marks
Anyone else run out of time?
Dropped at least 15 marks

Ran out of time too
Reply 19
If you mean the singular A matrix then you end up with k^2=1/2 so k= +-1/√2, no completing of any squares? Atleast that's what I got. I got 12.468 or something for Newton Raphson. 2.03 for some angle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending