The Student Room Group

OCR (not-MEI) FP1 - Friday 20th May 2016

Hi,

Couldn't find a thread for this exam. After that M2 paper I'm fearing the worst, although I don't really know what they can throw at us in FP1?

Scroll to see replies

Same, I struggled with C1 today so I have no hope for FP1! Don't worry too much, I'm sure FP1 can't be as hard as M2 :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Hopefully this one breaks the trend of the OCR June 2016 papers being much harder than recent years... I'd suggest doing June 2014 (56/72 for an A) as preparation if you haven't already.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm prepping for a disgusting roots of polynomial again like last year, tomorrow's will be solid 😩
Looking at the grade boundaries from previous years they seem pretty fair. I found the June 2009 paper really hard and then the grade boundaries said you could drop 10 marks and still get 100 ums!
Reply 5
Original post by Christie_xx
Looking at the grade boundaries from previous years they seem pretty fair. I found the June 2009 paper really hard and then the grade boundaries said you could drop 10 marks and still get 100 ums!

Yeah I'm expecting another hard paper. Hopefully they do adjust the boundaries as you say.
Does anyone have access to 2015 paper?
Reply 7
Original post by 16characterlimit
Does anyone have access to 2015 paper?

This is the OCR FP1 June 2015 paper: http://static1.squarespace.com/static/52c1f91ee4b0a77a50337e61/t/56bfa20f2b8dde7190c14001/1455399448256/OCR+FP1+June+2015.pdf
2015 paper was pretty nice actually! Other than a tricky end, all in all it was a lot kinder than some of the older papers. Good luck all!
Reply 9

Hi, have you got the mark scheme as well?

What site is this from?

Thanks
Original post by jonnydowe
Hi, have you got the mark scheme as well?

What site is this from?

Thanks

Dotmaths.com. The links to the papers were removed from the home page some time ago but you can still access them if you know the URLs. The mark scheme is here: www.dotmaths.com/s/OCR-FP1-June-2014-mark-scheme.pdf
Thanks for the paper.
For reference:

C2: Paper | Mark Scheme
C3: Paper | Mark Scheme
C4: Paper | Mark Scheme
FP1: Paper | Mark Scheme
FP2: Paper | Mark Scheme
FP3: Paper | Mark Scheme
M1: Paper | Mark Scheme
S1: Paper | Mark Scheme
S2: Paper | Mark Scheme
D1: Paper | Mark Scheme

Unfortunately the site doesn't have D2 although I do have a copy of the question paper and mark scheme. If anyone needs it please let me know and I upload it over the weekend for you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Anyone know of any difficult questions?
Reply 14
Original post by jacobe
Anyone know of any difficult questions?

Everyone has their own opinion on what's a difficult question but I would recommend doing questions 8 and later from past papers if you want questions you may find challenging. For example June 2015 Q10 or January 2013 Q10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by DSG7799
Everyone has their own opinion on what's a difficult question but I would recommend doing questions 8 and later from past papers if you want questions you may find challenging. For example June 2015 Q10 or January 2013 Q10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks bubbola
Reply 16
Hi,
Does anyone know of any hard proof by induction past questions? I'm trying to see how difficult they can get
From what I remember there haven't been any particularly difficult induction questions in the past few years - so maybe this could be the year
Thanks
Original post by JakeCl
Hi,
Does anyone know of any hard proof by induction past questions? I'm trying to see how difficult they can get
From what I remember there haven't been any particularly difficult induction questions in the past few years - so maybe this could be the year
Thanks

Try June 2014 or June 2009.
Original post by marioman
For reference:

C2: Paper | Mark Scheme
C3: Paper | Mark Scheme
C4: Paper | Mark Scheme
FP1: Paper | heMark Scheme
FP2: Paper | Mark Scheme
FP3: Paper | Mark Scheme
M1: Paper | Mark Scheme
S1: Paper | Mark Scheme
S2: Paper | Mark Scheme
D1: Paper | Mark Scheme

Unfortunately the site doesn't have D2 although I do have a copy of the question paper and mark scheme. If anyone needs it please let me know and I upload it over the weekend for you.

Hey man, im doing d2 next wednesday, js it possible if you coukd take sone pics, would be much appreciated! Thanks!!!
Can you resit FP1 in A2 year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending