The Student Room Group

OCR (not-MEI) FP1 - Friday 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Buymoria
Can you resit FP1 in A2 year?

You would have to talk to your tutor/teacher about resiting it in A2, but I know you have the option to resit the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Buymoria
Can you resit FP1 in A2 year?

That's what I'm doing.
Reply 22
what a beauty of a paper!!
Great paper! Really hope I got 72/72, might have dropped a couple on the Argand diagram question though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?
It was alright accept I couldn't do the last question
Did everyone get root 3 -3i for z
Original post by hallo.C
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?

The paper finished about 10 minutes ago, give people time. :tongue:
Reply 28
The roots of the z after the substitution were 9+40i and 9-40i I believe, so you needed to use both other parts of the question to get a solution. Mine did involve some nasty fractions though, something over 41 I think, so I doubt I got it fully correct.
What the actual **** was that paper 😭😭😭 I felt so prepared but now I'm 99% sure I just got a U
Original post by harpreetrai3
no it was -3 + 9j, you had to rearrange the modulus and arguement form to get z - (-3 + 4j) and z - (-3 + 6j)

I think you did the MEI paper.
Reply 31
no it was -3 + 9j, you had to rearrange the modulus and arguement form to get z - (-3 + 4j) and z - (-3 + 6j)

Which question was this for? The numbers don't look familiar :/
Original post by marioman
I think you did the MEI paper.

oh **** my bad i am

What exam board r u because we didn't have an triangle question on ocr
Reply 34
That paper was so nice compared to M2

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry, but that exam was awful. I felt so prepared for it but that just through me. I nearly cried in the C1, but this one did make me cry. Bring on the retakes.
Original post by Gander01
The roots of the z after the substitution were 9+40i and 9-40i I believe, so you needed to use both other parts of the question to get a solution. Mine did involve some nasty fractions though, something over 41 I think, so I doubt I got it fully correct.

That sounds right to me. I checked the four different roots on my calculator and they were correct.
Original post by metasysta
I'm sorry, but that exam was awful. I felt so prepared for it but that just through me. I nearly cried in the C1, but this one did make me cry. Bring on the retakes.

Same same same same

Good luck, hopefully you've done better than you think!
Original post by marioman
That sounds right to me. I checked the four different roots on my calculator and they were correct.

I got the exact same thing, I was so annoyed I only figured out how to find intersection points in the last minute so I didn't fully finish the question :angry:
Reply 39
Original post by DSG7799
That paper was so nice compared to M2

Posted from TSR Mobile

There just wasn't enough time for that M2 paper, I wrote frantically the whole time and only did around 2/3 of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending