The Student Room Group

‘EU is in process of collapsing on itself’ – Marine Le Pen

The EU is on the brink of collapse, as two of its main “pillars” are “crumbling” despite the billions of euros spent on keeping the structure from falling, far-right French leader Marine Le Pen told RT, adding that the union would fail if France left it.

“The two pillars on which it’s founded Schengen and the euro are in the process of crumbling,” Le Pen told Marie De Douhet of RT France in an exclusive interview. “So they’re in a sort of mad downward spiral in which they’re capable of anything today to try and keep this building standing.”

The leader of France’s hard-right Front National party believes the collapse is not a matter of “if” but “when,” saying the EU “shines from the light of a dead star” while its leaders are struggling to play for time “at the cost of billions trying to hold this structure up.”

Read More:
https://www.rt.com/news/343715-eu-collapsing-france-lepen/
One of the reasons that the majority of elites in the UK and across Europe are desperate for us to vote in is that we are one of the major pillars that are holding the whole thing up.
She is right in that if we go it could set in train a series of shocks that will lead to the collapse of the *EU.
Something that the media is desperate to avoid talking about is how they need us more than we need them.
I'm undecided, but something I have noticed is that every person that wanted us to dump the Pound, join the Euro and was absolutely certain that not doing so would lead to our downfall is now saying the same thing about leaving.
I wonder if they will be equally as clueless on this.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mathemagicien
The EU wasn't founded on the euro... nor Schengen I believe

A Union without a common currency, language, government or free movement is hardly a union at all. You need at least some of those things.
Check out" Brexit the movie" on YouTube.
If nothing else it is interesting to see how it is all put together.(That is, the EU not the movie😊)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
More integration is the solution.
Reply 5
Front National.

France. **** yea.
le pen speaks sense
Original post by ohgeez
A Union without a common currency, language, government or free movement is hardly a union at all. You need at least some of those things.

Makes sense

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending