The Student Room Group

Egyptair plane with 66 passengers disappears from radar

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beta_tester
Did I, or didn't I, just prove to you that ISIS haven't claimed responsibility?

Or are the BBC just badly informed and a poor news source?

You haven't proved anything. Neither has anyone else. You have provided reports that claim things that you agree with.
I don't but its the safest way for a terror cell to place a bomb on a plane and to get away from the airport as fast as possible without leaving any trace.

Sorry, but that's pure conjecture on your part.
Original post by Good bloke
You haven't proved anything. Neither has anyone else. You have provided reports that claim things that you agree with.

I have no reason to read your nonsense given that you've just proved to me that you don't even read what I'm typing.
Original post by Drewski
Sorry, but that's pure conjecture on your part.

I have studied all plane crashes in modern history and I am yet to be enlightened on a different manner in which a bomb is primed to detonate, apart from explosives where the passengers tried to set it alight.

But i'm not sure why we're discussing this, a bomb can almost be ruled out entirely, source, the Guardian:

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 11.06.58.png
Did I, or didn't I, just prove to you that ISIS haven't claimed responsibility?

Or are the BBC just badly informed and a poor news source?

You haven't proved anything and I've told you why I was mistaken (see we do admit mistakes when they are made)

Yes the BBC like all news sources are just news sources relying upon peoples opinions (like you)

You didn't answer my question again

But tell me why do you not want to wait for the facts before stating specifically it wasn't terrorism?
Original post by BaconandSauce
You haven't proved anything and I've told you why I was mistaken (see we do admit mistakes when they are made)

Yes the BBC like all news sources are just news sources relying upon peoples opinions (like you)

But tell me why do you not want to wait for the facts before stating specifically it wasn't terrorism?

The BBC are not relying on an opinion on this matter.

It is a fact that ISIS, and no other terrorist groups have claimed responsibility.

That isn't an opinion buddy.

But trust me, if anyone claimed responsibility, we'd know about it. I've been following the story on Sky News and the BBC solidly for the last 26 hours and there was no mention of anyone claiming responsibility, not to mention also nowhere on the internet apart from stupid sources like the one you linked.
The BBC are not relying on an opinion on this matter.

It is a fact that ISIS, and no other terrorist groups have claimed responsibility.

That isn't an opinion buddy.

But trust me, if anyone claimed responsibility, we'd know about it. I've been following the story on Sky News and the BBC solidly for the last 26 hours and there was no mention of anyone claiming responsibility, not to mention also nowhere on the internet apart from stupid sources like the one you linked.

Of course they are just like the guardian

But as I have said I read it had been claimed and the story has since been pulled this is what happens in news circles as facts come to light stories are changed and updated which is why I am wary of basing my opinions on news stories.

Of course they are just like the guardian

But as I have said I read it had been claimed and the story has since been pulled this is what happens in news circles as facts come to light stories are changed and updated which is why I am wary of basing my opinions on news stories.

I never said it wasn't terrorism, I am just disputing the media outburst to claim that it was "more likely to be terrorism than mechanical failure".

If that's all, I think we're done here.

Funnily enough, I tend to agree with him that it may not have been a bomb, and lean towards a failed hijacking attempt (based on the lack of a distress call, largely, and the odd manoeuvres). But to be so sure of the cause at this stage, as he is, is ridiculous.
I have studied all plane crashes in modern history and I am yet to be enlightened on a different manner in which a bomb is primed to detonate, apart from explosives where the passengers tried to set it alight.

But i'm not sure why we're discussing this, a bomb can almost be ruled out entirely, source, the Guardian:

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 11.06.58.png

Ok 1, all crashes in modern history? Unless you work for the AAIB, you need a life.
2, haven't you just spent several posts explaining why relying on things reported in the news isn't to be listened to? So why are you now stating that this one thing reported in the news must be 100% infallible?
Original post by Good bloke
Funnily enough, I tend to agree with him that it may not have been a bomb, and lean towards a failed hijacking attempt (based on the lack of a distress call, largely, and the odd manoeuvres). But to be so sure of the cause at this stage, as he is, is ridiculous.

Oddly enough so do I expect I put it down to mechanical fault

But this is of course just my opinion and I would never push my opinion as fact
Original post by Drewski
Ok 1, all crashes in modern history? Unless you work for the AAIB, you need a life.
2, haven't you just spent several posts explaining why relying on things reported in the news isn't to be listened to? So why are you now stating that this one thing reported in the news must be 100% infallible?

I just read up on and study plane crashes in my spare time when I'm bored, sorry that how I spent my free time offends you

and this thing is more reliable because it was a statement re-posted, the actual statement originated from US officials, its not like the media just wrote that for the sake of it
I never said it wasn't terrorism, I am just disputing the media outburst to claim that it was "more likely to be terrorism than mechanical failure".

If that's all, I think we're done here.

So you are using the claim reported by the news that it might not be terrorism to counter the claim made by the news it was terrorism :biggrin:

But yes I think we are done here (until the facts come out that is)
So you are using the claim reported by the news that it might not be terrorism to counter the claim made by the news it was terrorism :biggrin:

But yes I think we are done here (until the facts come out that is)

nope.
Just because Terrorism may not be the cause of this, that doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility of this accident being deliberate. Pilot Suicide, perhaps?
Original post by Destoroyah
Just because Terrorism may not be the cause of this, that doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility of this accident being deliberate. Pilot Suicide, perhaps?

No you are right it doesn't

Until the facts are known though everything is just speculation (which is why we are taking umbrage with beta_tester as he refuse to admit he is just speculating)
I just read up on and study plane crashes in my spare time when I'm bored, sorry that how I spent my free time offends you

and this thing is more reliable because it was a statement re-posted, the actual statement originated from US officials, its not like the media just wrote that for the sake of it

You can understand why you come across as hypocritical, though.
Floating debris and...body parts...have been discovered off the coast of Alexandria. I imagine the Black Boxes should be found soon.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Destoroyah
I imagine the Black Boxes should be found soon.

Define 'soon'.
Heart breaking...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending