The Student Room Group

How did you find the Edexcel FP1?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Paper was fine however i messed up on the first induction question and maybe some odds and ends throughout the exam ill be happy if i get an A
Original post by oShahpo
I didn't say the gradient was the same, I proved it they were parallel however using the ideas of vectors, that is that OA = 2 * PR, would I lose a mark for that?

which question r u guys taking abt?I totally have no idea about doing this question
Reply 62
Original post by JamieOH
Perpendicular I put? If R was 5? Maybe it wasnt

I got R = -5 +0i and thus by my sketch, they appeared parallel. Though, I realised that if it was 5, even when you find each gradient of each chord, and multiply them, you don't get -1 so I'm more inclined to think they're parallel. Either way mate, only 2 marks
Reply 63
Original post by Moezph
I got R = -5 +0i and thus by my sketch, they appeared parallel. Though, I realised that if it was 5, even when you find each gradient of each chord, and multiply them, you don't get -1 so I'm more inclined to think they're parallel. Either way mate, only 2 marks

Absolutely no idea what was going on in my head for that question. Dropped probably atleast 6 and counting so far...
Reply 64
Original post by Linjingyu
which question r u guys taking abt?I totally have no idea about doing this question

Did you do the IAL paper?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4102261
Very easy, although I made silly errors from not reading the question properly.
Reply 66
Original post by JamieOH
Absolutely no idea what was going on in my head for that question. Dropped probably atleast 6 and counting so far...

All good buddy, don't stress it. Certain that it will be high 50's for an A, you're fine :smile:
Can't remember fully but that question about z, z^2 etc, what was the value of a? Feel like that was an easy question for everyone but I was clueless:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TruMuslima
Can't remember fully but that question about z, z^2 etc, what was the value of a? Feel like that was an easy question for everyone but I was clueless:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

a=-1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Appaz it was -1, because the i part was 0. Would have been nice to remember what the word 'real' meant in the exam tbh, buhbye all those marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah a was -1, i got it in the last 5 minutes and just about managed to fit in the rest of the question
I'm so mad:angry:. Just realised that for the question where it said show that the chord PQ has equation... I was trying to find the length instead. Feel so dumb. :ashamed2:
Good to see that students' evaluations are normally distributed.
Original post by oShahpo
Wasn't really hard at all, nothing mentally challenging. Some questions might have been poorly worded and some questions were lengthy, but that's all.

I thought it was fine.

Not sure what everyone is complaining about.
Original post by themechguy
I think that exam was a bit tougher than usual, built up from the easy questions at the start to some potentially more difficult and wordy ones at the end. Might have lost 2 marks on wordy stuff.

Another tricky one was the last part of question 9. Did anybody get 5 root 2 as their x coordinate of M?

No, I think I got 15root2/4 (can't remember exactly but it was over 4)
Original post by zainyyyyy
i got root2 aswell
omg

15root2/4?

I think I got that too
I have to say im slightly disappointed in my performance. Probably lost 10-12 marks, I guess the pressure got to me and didnt think straight. Oh well, if I get an A i'll be happy as I tried my hardest.
Original post by JamieOH
(5√2)/4 I think I put. Where does the 15 come from?

I got (15√2)/4
Original post by Armpits
I think it was like 1 mark, so I literally just stated parallel, it was fairly obvious from the diagram. Not sure they asked for a formal proof.

It was 2 marks
The points I can only think of are that they are parallel, have m=-2 and QR = 2OP
Original post by Louisb19
I thought it was fine.

Not sure what everyone is complaining about.

Then again we're also doing Further Maths A2 (I suppose you are as you have M3), unlike most students are doing this for their first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending