The Student Room Group

OCR MEI FP1 Thread - AM 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Duskstar
Maybe 1, 2 at most sorry.
thanks
Original post by Alex621
How do you think marks will be allocated as it was a 'show that' question? I wrote out the first few terms and then the terms for n-2 n-1 and n but didn't really get much further other than writing down that it was equal to what we were given

you'll get one mark for writing out the sum and another mark for putting in the numbers
Reply 162
possible grade boundarys?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheSurrealTV
the answer for the last question is 0.008 not 0.00813 because 0 are counted after the decimal place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiUebEKq5pU this video shows how to round using significant figures

Zeroes before the 8 are not counted. Zeroes after are. The answer is 0.00813.
I think I got a b in fp1 then a b in m2, if I get 100 ums in m3 is there any chane of doing engineering in Cambridge?
Original post by IAmElephant
hahahhahaha all wrong you noob.
do you even math?

he's obviously taking the piss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chemari1
I think I got a b in fp1 then a b in m2, if I get 100 ums in m3 is there any chane of doing engineering in Cambridge?

Depends on your offer, if you get one/have one.
But if you're getting B's then probably not either way.
Depends on your offer, if you get one/have one.
But if you're getting B's then probably not either way.

not in everything elephant, just talking about further maths
Original post by Jamesinatr
Zeroes before the 8 are not counted. Zeroes after are. The answer is 0.00813.

yeah you are right... do you think i will loose one mark for inaccuracy?
Reply 169
hahahhahaha all wrong you noob.
do you even math?

yes I math
S4.jpg
you math?
Reply 170
I am really worried now. I think Section A was alright I think I got 34/36 or even max BUT Section B was awful. I left out the part of tbe question 7 with f(w/j) so I lost 2 marks at least. Also I messed up the last two parts of question 9 but I will get some method marks because the reason I got part iii wrong is because I typed wrong numbers on my calculator :frown: The wors exam in my life TBH
Reply 171
Hoping for 55 or less for an A. I found this paper harder than the Jan 13 one.
Original post by Alex621
How do you think marks will be allocated as it was a 'show that' question? I wrote out the first few terms and then the terms for n-2 n-1 and n but didn't really get much further other than writing down that it was equal to what we were given

There will be at least one mark for using the identity they gave you and then substituting some numbers in, and then another mark for correctly substituting in n-2 n-1 and n, but if you didn't get the actual differences then it won't have been full marks I'd say at most 3 for that :/
Anyone remember how many marks for the 'find A and B' part of the roots of polynomials question?
Do you think 68 marks will be 100 UMS this year?
Original post by hoakenfull
Anyone remember how many marks for the 'find A and B' part of the roots of polynomials question?
4 I think
Reply 175
TBH I think this was way harder than Jan 2013.
Original post by Mii11
TBH I think this was way harder than Jan 2013.

I personally think this was easier than june 2015 paper but I only got 67 marks :frown: I did two silly mistakes and I think the f(w/j) was out of context
Reply 177
Original post by TheSurrealTV
I personally think this was easier than june 2015 paper but I only got 67 marks :frown: I did two silly mistakes and I think the f(w/j) was out of context

Really? Damn, I found the Jun 15 really easy and got 69/72 just messing up one part of the last question. This years paper I missed things out not knowing how to do it, dropped about 16 marks in total. So gutted. I'm going to need S2 and D1 to pull my overall grade for FM to an A.
So annoyed, read the triangle question wrong didn't work out area but worked out co-ords instead and f(w/j) through me off so hopefully about 67/72
what was the answer to 4ii with the coefficients of the expansion for the standard series with p?

Quick Reply

Latest