The Student Room Group

English Literature aqa

English Literature gcse aqa Character Suggestions??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
First of all, which novels?
For AIC some English teachers are predicting the inspector and social responsibility.
Social responsibility would be a good question to have :smile:
Reply 3
Great Expectations predictions?
OMAM, my teacher reckons it could be Curley (as far as I know he has never come up)
AIC: honestly don't know, the Inspector and social responsibility would be a dream though
anyone but Gerald
Original post by georginarowley
OMAM, my teacher reckons it could be Curley (as far as I know he has never come up)
AIC: honestly don't know, the Inspector and social responsibility would be a dream though
anyone but Gerald

Yeah Gerald would be difficult to write about, just keeping my fingers crossed for a good question lol
We went through all the past papers for about the past 4 years and the things that haven't come up are

OMAM - Curley, The final scene where lennie is shot, the boss and Candy
Then part b could be on social hierarchy

AIC - Characters - Sheila or Gerald
Themes - Old vs Young and maybe social responsibility
Literary Devices - Lighting, Entrances and Exits, Dramatic Irony, anything but tension really

Poetry - We are doing the Relationships Clusters and the ones that haven't come up are
Praise Song
Quickdraw
Brothers
To His Coy Mistress
In Paris with you

Hope this helps
Does anyone know what may come up for TVFTB = The view from the bridge ?
Reply 8
anyone but Gerald

You get two choices for the questions in AIC, so if you're good at the other characters you won't have to worry about Gerald coming up.
Original post by katodizzle
Yeah Gerald would be difficult to write about, just keeping my fingers crossed for a good question lol

Yeah, no love for Gerald and absolutely nothing to say about him!
Anyone doing purple hibiscus or the crucible?

Really hoping social responsibility comes up because that would so easy to do well on :smile:
Original post by hafsa473
Anyone doing purple hibiscus or the crucible?

I'm doing the Crucible and OMAM.

I think the character questions will be based on either: Danforth, Abigail, or even the Putnams.
Original post by stormblazer999
I'm doing the Crucible and OMAM.

I think the character questions will be based on either: Danforth, Abigail, or even the Putnams.

Really? I was thinking Elizabeth Proctor because my teacher said and it hasn't come up. If the Putnams come up I will cry
Really? I was thinking Elizabeth Proctor because my teacher said and it hasn't come up. If the Putnams come up I will cry

Yeah, true, it could be her as well. She did come up though in June 2013 where you had to talk about her relationship with Proctor.

Same, I hate the Putnams so much. There's nothing you can say about them.
Original post by stormblazer999
Yeah, true, it could be her as well. She did come up though in June 2013 where you had to talk about her relationship with Proctor.

Same, I hate the Putnams so much. There's nothing you can say about them.

I think they're one of the more background characters that don't matter, but you never know...So the ones that you named are the ones that haven't come up yet or you just have a feeling?
I think they're one of the more background characters that don't matter, but you never know...So the ones that you named are the ones that haven't come up yet or you just have a feeling?

Danforth: He NEVER came up in an exam before and he is a fairly powerful (political) character.

Abigail: The last time she came up was in June 2011 (5 years ago) so they will probably ask a relationship question about her, e.g. how does Miller show the relationship between Abigail and Proctor...?

Putnams: They've never came up before and they may want to be really mean and ask a question about them.
Candys dog
Original post by zara_ruby
We went through all the past papers for about the past 4 years and the things that haven't come up are

OMAM - Curley, The final scene where lennie is shot, the boss and Candy
Then part b could be on social hierarchy

AIC - Characters - Sheila or Gerald
Themes - Old vs Young and maybe social responsibility
Literary Devices - Lighting, Entrances and Exits, Dramatic Irony, anything but tension really

Poetry - We are doing the Relationships Clusters and the ones that haven't come up are
Praise Song
Quickdraw
Brothers
To His Coy Mistress
In Paris with you

Hope this helps

Could be Candy's dog too?

He is do-able imo.

But thats my strongest charecter so.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending