The Student Room Group

Edexcel English Literature IGCSE, May 23rd 2016

Any predictions for Romeo and Juliet / To Kill a Mockingbird?
For TKAMB the questions won't be based solely on Calpurnia or the theme of suffering as these came up in the January 2016 exam.
My predictions are that they could resist the theme of racism like they did in 2012 and over the years they have asked the majority of questions
-I've attached the questions which edexcel has asked over the past few years
Hope this helps
xx
Reply 2
hi, i'm doing "to kill a mocking bird" and "the view from the bridge", any suggestion on what's going to come up in the exam on moday?
does anyone know what questions came up in January 2016 paper?
Reply 3
Original post by Ronkeogunnusi
For TKAMB the questions won't be based solely on Calpurnia or the theme of suffering as these came up in the January 2016 exam.
My predictions are that they could resist the theme of racism like they did in 2012 and over the years they have asked the majority of questions
Hope this helps
xx

Thanks!
Reply 4
Do you think that any of these questions will come up again on Monday?
Reply 5
Will you be revising anything about Mrs Dubose and the cunninghams?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by denl
hi, i'm doing "to kill a mocking bird" and "the view from the bridge", any suggestion on what's going to come up in the exam on moday?
does anyone know what questions came up in January 2016 paper?

I'm doing the same books as you!
In January 2016 the 2 questions were
a) How does Miller present the character of Beatrice in this play?
b) Explore the theme of honour in the play

I've attached the questions from previous years too xx

In terms of predicted titles I feel like all the main themes/ characters have been covered over the past years so anything could come up unfortunately :s-smilie:
Original post by rasp123
Will you be revising anything about Mrs Dubose and the cunninghams?

Yes definitely because Mrs Dubose is a character that is not widely spoken about so adding a few quotes on her could gain you the extra marks
Reply 8
I'm doing the same books as you!
In January 2016 the 2 questions were
a) How does Miller present the character of Beatrice in this play?
b) Explore the theme of honour in the play

I've attached the questions from previous years too xx

In terms of predicted titles I feel like all the main themes/ characters have been covered over the past years so anything could come up unfortunately :s-smilie:

thank you so much)))
Reply 9
Hope this helps
xx

Where can I find ALL of the past paper questions since 2012 (like the document you've attached) for Romeo and Juliet? Haven't even started revising it yet and I'm freaking out! 😫😅
Anyone got any ideas for the Hardy Poems or the Stories of ourselves?
Original post by rasp123
Where can I find ALL of the past paper questions since 2012 (like the document you've attached) for Romeo and Juliet? Haven't even started revising it yet and I'm freaking out! 😫😅

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html?Qualification-Family=International-GCSE&Qualification-Subject=English%20Literature%20(2011)&Status=Pearson-UK:s-smilie:tatus%2FLive&Specification-Code=Pearson-UK:s-smilie:pecification-Code%2Figcse11-eng-lit#step3
Has the theme of education come up yet for to kill a mockingbird?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending