The Student Room Group

Bank of England A-level internship 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DreamBig12
Has anyone heard anything yet? It just seems bizarre how they were so quick getting back to us after the first two stages, and now they are taking a long time...
Maybe it's just: no reply = unsuccessful ...?

It's a bit weird how no one here has gotten a reply yet. I don't think it's no reply = unsuccessful.

Have you tried contacting them to see?
I might try contacting them next Friday if I haven't got a response to see what's up. The email after the video interview did say that they'll get back to us.

Maybe they're a bit busy with graduate recruitment atm.
Reply 41
Original post by Peppercrunch
It's a bit weird how no one here has gotten a reply yet. I don't think it's no reply = unsuccessful.

Have you tried contacting them to see?
I might try contacting them next Friday if I haven't got a response to see what's up. The email after the video interview did say that they'll get back to us.

Maybe they're a bit busy with graduate recruitment atm.

I got a call today saying I got in. I'm pretty sure they'll let you know whether or not you did get in. It's 4 weeks btw if anyone was wondering
Original post by mars198
I got a call today saying I got in. I'm pretty sure they'll let you know whether or not you did get in. It's 4 weeks btw if anyone was wondering

Ah okay. I got an email saying they'll tell me the result in the middle of next week.
Reply 43
Original post by Peppercrunch
Ah okay. I got an email saying they'll tell me the result in the middle of next week.

Hope you get in!
I haven't got any emails or calls from them so far...kinda losing hope now:frown:
Reply 45
Original post by mars198

Well done!
Could you tell me when it starts and ends?
I haven't heard anything back yet :frown:
Reply 46
Original post by AnnaJ99
Well done!
Could you tell me when it starts and ends?
I haven't heard anything back yet :frown:

Thank you! I haven't got a starting/ending date yet as the woman said that'll be specified in the contract they email me. She said it's 4-8 weeks depending on how long you're available for.

Hope you hear from them soon!
Got a call from private number, monetary analysis team and they offered me an internship. She didnt go into specifics on dates.
Original post by Manunited6
Got a call from private number, monetary analysis team and they offered me an internship. She didnt go into specifics on dates.

Congratulations!

This doesn't give me much hope though :s-smilie:. They told me they'd contact me in the middle of this week, so idek...
Have you had a call from a private number?
Reply 50
Hi! I've been offered an internship too! Where's everyone from?
I'm from London harrow, got an offer on monetary analysis team. Although I'm unsure on how long it is and I'm on holiday 16th August so hoping it ends before that.
I've been offered a place too!
I go to school far away from London and will have to arrange accommodation in London... Anyone else in a similar position in terms of accommodation...?
Oh and for anyone interested, I was told it begun circa July 25th.
I go to school far away from London and will have to arrange accommodation in London... Anyone else in a similar position in terms of accommodation...?

I may have to reject them if its more then 3 weeks
I guess I'll have to spend 2 weeks unpaid work experience at Deloitte in Nottingham with a relative in my family... Making tea and coffee everyday :u:

Assuming it's no response = no offer.

Yep, was unsuccessful. Saves me having to pay for accommodation in London I guess.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 55

Hey! Yeah I'm quite far from London too and will have to arrange accommodation. I was told it starts around the 25th of July for 8 weeks
Reply 56
I got an offer to work in the Markets - Financial risk and management division. My contract stated 8 weeks and I was told it starts on or around 25th July if that helps anyone
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by xorchidx
I got an offer to work in the Markets - Financial risk and management division. My contract stated 8 weeks and I was told it starts on or around 25th July if that helps anyone

Me too! Although, I'm pretty sure I can't do 8 weeks and need something more like 4 weeks...
Reply 58
Original post by mars198
Me too! Although, I'm pretty sure I can't do 8 weeks and need something more like 4 weeks...

See you there! I'm sure they won't mind how long you stay for - the lady I spoke to on the phone seemed to present the internship as being quite flexible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by xorchidx

Hey! I've had an offer to work in the same division as you!

Quick Reply

Latest