The Student Room Group

Latin Language 2 OCR

Does anyone have any advice on reaching the A* boundary, because I'm worried I can't? Any predictions / ideas about the paper?
Learn as much vocab as you can on Quizlet, do lots of past papers and learn grammar!
There is a website called 'vir drinks beer' which has loads of grammar.
Not sure what the paper is going to be like but if it's anything like how the Language 1 paper turned out then we should be fine! :smile:
Reply 2
ib4
OP
Original post by pixiefuller
Learn as much vocab as you can on Quizlet, do lots of past papers and learn grammar!
There is a website called 'vir drinks beer' which has loads of grammar.
Not sure what the paper is going to be like but if it's anything like how the Language 1 paper turned out then we should be fine! :smile:

Thanks, and good luck tomorrow!
Original post by ib4
Thanks, and good luck tomorrow!

How did you find the test today?
I found it quite hard :/
Original post by pixiefuller
How did you find the test today?
I found it quite hard :/

I found it quite hard as well - when I first saw the translation, I thought it was just short of impossible, but it seemed okay after I began working through it. :h::h:

Also, what did you put for the multiple choice question? I think I chose the second option, 'No one thought she had too much power', but now I'm not so sure!
Reply 5
Original post by Banana00
I found it quite hard as well - when I first saw the translation, I thought it was just short of impossible, but it seemed okay after I began working through it. :h::h:

Also, what did you put for the multiple choice question? I think I chose the second option, 'No one thought she had too much power', but now I'm not so sure!

I think it was the last option because it said nonnulli which i think means "not none" so several people though she has too much hold on the emperor.
Reply 6
Original post by 2007RSP
I think it was the last option because it said nonnulli which i think means "not none" so several people though she has too much hold on the emperor.

Yeah that's what I put too
Reply 7
Original post by 2007RSP

Well, you put the right answer but imperium means power/command and not emperor, and nonnulli also means some, and teneo can in context just mean have, so it was actually quite straight forward.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Unofficial mark scheme for comprehension:

1) A very dreadful thing
2) D
3) No-one believed that Nero would dare to kill his own mother
4a) He was (so) cruel
b) He had thought about it for a long time
5) To ask for their advice
6a) At first they were silent
b) That a freedman, by the name of Aceritus, would kill Agrippina willingly
7) He ordered him to set out at once to the house of Agrippina with soldiers